Wine by the Glass

drafterdw

It really wouldnt take much for Celebrity to lift their game when it comes to wine by the glass in the beverage packages - not sure why it seems so hard to include a reasonable selection of varietals - they can source and serve 40 vodkas and include them in the Premium Package but treat wine as an afterthought , despite food and wine pairing being intrinsically linked for fine dining . Bit sad really.

It really wouldnt take much for Celebrity to lift their game when it comes to wine by the glass in the beverage packages - not sure why it seems so hard to include a reasonable selection of varietals - they can source and serve 40 vodkas and include them in the Premium Package but treat wine as an afterthought , despite food and wine pairing being intrinsically linked for fine dining . Bit sad really.

That is an issue. Obviously some food and beverages are sourced locally, but I have been told that most of the food and drink comes from the US and then shipped around to meet the ships.

A standard bottle of wine here (Aus and NZ) may be exported to the US before being then shipped back for loading onto a ship here. Increased costs passed onto the consumer and also limiting choices. That said, I have always found something I like but then I will drink nearly anything:eek:.:D