Internet

CruiseIsGood

On our recent Black Sea Cruise, I bought 100 minutes of internet use for $80.00 since my pregnant daughter-in-law was having early contractions. I looked for internet cafes in Romania, Bulgaria, and the Ukraine. Everyone looked at us as if we were crazy. Our private tour guide took us to one in Odessa and, for one American dollar each, three of us checked our email. I sent my whole address book (friends and family) short emails during our cruise and ran out of the 100 minutes very fast. I keep all the friends and family in my address book and just have to hit "all" and the message went to everyone. The problem is that the connection is soooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooow! It was great when I won $100 at the future cruises gathering. It paid for my emailing. This was our second cruise on Oceania and they also have a $2.50 incoming email plan. If you expect a number of emails, that could be worse than paying $1.00 a minute or buying a package like I did. My daughter-in-law started having problems and ended up having a C-Section right after we returned. So, keeping in touch with my son was very important. This was the first time I had trouble finding internet cafes off the ship. I love finding this cafes since you get to interact with the local people.

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

We used internet quite a bit in the two weeks we were on Insignia. Rate is 99 cents per minute--we bought the $300 package which reduced the rate to about 66 cents per minute. The only problem was that it was extremely slow and cost us more than it should have because of the time spent just sitting and waiting.

Archived