Why no outcry from fans of Royal?

whiterose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdjam:

I was given the impression that Princess was seriously pressed for capital

Princess was in much better shape than was RCCL at the time...cash wise.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It seems that I recall analysts at the time indicating that RCI was not at all a strong company.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

They were highly leveraged....too high I think. That's why they felt they needed Princess, at the time.

By superior managment I'm referring to RCI's abilty to fill their ships at higher prices than Princess did for eqivalent cabins. Plus, how often do you hear of RCCL havintg to buy passengers off of the ship...because they overbooked it? Princess did this constantly.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Don't you mean Pacific and Tahitian?

YES! I was thinking Tahitian while, obviously, I typed Coral....I guess because of the associataion with that region of the world. I still find I have to be careful NOT to refer to the current Island Princess as sister to Pacific.

Again, my sources, the Captain of Pacific Princess and the Future Cruise Sales Representative on Pacific Princess both indicated that Carnival Corporation/Princess valued the loyalty of the passengers who preferred the smaller ships. Add to that the fact that they were able to sell them out at higher per diems, and so they were profitable, made the relationship something the Corporation intended to exploit. Whether or not that's still true remains to be seen, but I find it difficult to call them liars given the information they had - post Carnival merge - at the time.

This may be, NOW....after all, it's too late for Arison to claim otherwise. For the time being at least, he's stuck with those ships....four of them in total, I believe. icon_biggrin.gif What you're hearing, either stems from the education he's since received..or it's purely SPIN! He doesn't have a tendency to claim his ships to be not to his liking. I know the Princess captains like these smaller ships!

Before the advent of nickel and diming, Cruising USED TO BE like being wide awake......and dreaming!

icon_frown.gif Now..it's just another vacation!!

Check out my cruise site -

<A HREF="http://parnami.tripod.com" TARGET=_blank>

http://parnami.tripod.com</A>

Every night after 10 eastern time, I can be found in AOL keyword: "Cruise Cafe". Let's talk CRUISING!!!

Parnami - youve been on the RCCL boards aminently bashing RCCL for weeks now .... now your saying that Princess would of been better off with RCCL rather than Carnival? Im confused if RCCL is so bad and is such a nickeling and diming corporation why would you have wanted them to take over Princess? Im just trying to figure out what would make you happy? I mean RCCL and Princess have been very very good to me and have given me some of the best times of my life - so I m just wondering.

Enchantment Feb,2002; Monarch Nov,2002; Radiance Nov,2003; Golden Princess Feb 28,2004

E8jxdiZ9faFKEKEk7kLioMO+rbBbKHM20060.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mariapd719:

Parnami - youve been on the RCCL boards aminently bashing RCCL for weeks now .... now your saying that Princess would of been better off with RCCL rather than Carnival? Im confused <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RCCL, until recently, clearly, has been my favorite cruise line, which, I'm guessing, showed since, on more than one occasion, I've been accused of shilling for them. I still love their ships and have good friends among some of their personnel. BUT, while in the past I've had strong disagreements about some of their policy and operational changes, recent ones are not acceptable. Since RCCL lost Princess, the company has changed and not at all for the good. With only two serious cruise providers left in the industry, I'm now frustrated by the lack of options.

Just like many others, I love cruising and it has been a major portion of my life in recent years. Sadly, it no longer appears that will be the case in the future. Cruising is changing and I'm not willing to tolerate the changes..so..I it appears my cruising days are nearing an end. I may go down, but I'm not going quietly. icon_frown.gif

We DO leave Sunday for Sydney to board Pacific Princess. These types of "destination" oriented cruises, soon, may be the only options in cruising remaining for me to consider. icon_frown.gif At least this way, the itinerary should more than make up for any deficiencies of the ship operation. I expect only great things from cruise though!

Before the advent of nickel and diming, Cruising USED TO BE like being wide awake......and dreaming!

icon_frown.gif Now..it's just another vacation!!

Check out my cruise site -

<A HREF="http://parnami.tripod.com" TARGET=_blank>

http://parnami.tripod.com</A>

Every night after 10 eastern time, I can be found in AOL keyword: "Cruise Cafe". Let's talk CRUISING!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cruising is changing and I'm not willing to tolerate the changes.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That's unfortunate. There are cruise lines that offer cruising the way it used to be...but the per diem is much higher than those that use the "nickle and dime" method of on board revenue...

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My intent was to say I felt duped and mislead by the decision of the cruise line, not by the Captain or Future Cruise Sales person - both of whom I felt were sincere in their comments at the time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I commented on what I thought your post "said"...I had no idea what you "intended" to say...If I misread what you said I apologize...Lets both address the post and not the poster.

Archived