How did this happen, PRINCESS?!

Shyle

Hello All,

As some know and some don't know, I'm surprising my GF with an over night cruise Seattle to Vancouver. It's her "first cruise" just to see how she likes it. I'm not the richest girl in the world so I waited until our train tickets were on a deep discount (checked everyday!) and booked us in an obstructed view cabin. Not the best but because I'm footing the bill I took what I could.

June 30th, I found an email from Princess Cruises from June 15th (I seriously thought they were just telling me of the new pre book your beverage cards for the second time, so I bypassed it) stating that we had been upgraded to a (low category) balcony room!!! Over kill for one night but I was soooooo excited!!! I told my best friend. I sent her a message in all CAPS that we had gotten upgraded.

Two hours later... I KID YOU NOT...

We were upgraded AGAIN to the highest category balcony room on the Aloha deck. I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! We are going to be smack dab centre ship, two below Lido. Our room is steps, STEPS from the Panoramic Elevators.

For $400, it's sure shaping up to be a fun trip! I found a random flash sale for train tickets and then our room is upgraded....twice!!

Emerald to Aloha, here we come!!!!

Congratulations! What a fun surprise for you both. Have a wonderful cruise!

Cathy

Congrats, on the double upgrade.

Just curious. Before, you received either of the upgrades - had you paid your cruise in full?

We're on the two cruises after yours and haven't received anything - but we haven't paid in full either. I'll gladly pay in full if we might get free upgrades.

Second that! I would love to know if upgrades are more likely after final payment.

The upgrade fairy has a giant dartboard with everyone's name on it. She is blindfolded, turned around three times and then throws her darts. You can figure from that what your chances are.

I would love to know if upgrades are more likely after final payment.

Our best upgrade did come after final payment...way after. On a Thursday we were notified of an upgrade to an HP Mini-Suite; the ship sailed two days later.

We have gotten upgrades from Inside to Obstructed twice before final payment.

Steve

The upgrade fairy has a giant dartboard with everyone's name on it. She is blindfolded, turned around three times and then throws her darts. You can figure from that what your chances are.

This is the truth. No one has yet figured out the "secrets."

Congrats, on the double upgrade.

Just curious. Before, you received either of the upgrades - had you paid your cruise in full?

We're on the two cruises after yours and haven't received anything - but we haven't paid in full either. I'll gladly pay in full if we might get free upgrades.

I had paid in full. I'm not really sure if this is the factor but if it is, I'm sooooo much more likely to pay in full as fast as I can forever now!!

Great news on your run of luck!! If I sent you the money, would you buy a lottery ticket for me? You are on a roll and I'd love to be able to have some of that luck rub off on me. :p

I've got a note on my calendar about your cruise but try and remember to drop a line here before you head down to Seattle so I won't have a brain-belch and forget about you. I'll probably be greeting buses the day you sail and I've got something set up for y'all's arrival (yes, I know you can't double-hyphenate a word, my wife told me that years ago but I'm hard-headed!) and processing.

We may even see you on the ship as I think we're scheduled for that short cruise.

Tom

I did purchase a lottery ticket 3 weeks ago and I have won $20 and two free plays....hmmm...

What have you set up for our arrival? I'm still iffy on the plan, I'm starting to think of giving her a letter I 'received' from Princess for their "50th Anniversary Open House" stating they've set up a ship in a port near me that they are inviting me and a guest to come and check out tours of the theatre, plazza, restaurants etc. Something like that, what are you thinking? We'll arrive by cab, I'm fairly certain.