Newport, RI bans smoking at beaches, parks, and Cliff Walk

mtsnd1900

As a RI native, I still go back often and keep up with the trends. This came across recently and I thought it may be of interest here as it relates to tourists in the popular destination port. This is in no way an attempt to troll up a smoker - nonsmoker debate. It also covers the Cliff Walk, which finally has opened back up after heavy damage from storms.

http://wpri.com/2015/07/06/newport-officials-ban-smoking-on-city-beaches-parks/

I highly recommend going to Newport, taking in the culture, seeing the mansions, going sailing, asking the dive shop to take you out to the Arches, hitting Thames, shopping along the cobble stoned streets, having some fresh seafood, touring historic FT Adams, Tennis Hall of Fame, the church where JFK was married, a helicopter tour, buying an Alex and Ani bracelet, drinking coffee milk, easting some hot weiners at a NY System, and enjoying all the city has to offer. For military buffs, the Naval War College is here too. To all those visiting, enjoy - it truly is a great destination, and I miss it.

Fully agree about Newport.

we have only stopped there once from a cruise, but living on Long Island, we go there about once a year, for a weekend, for a week. We have been at all times of the year, from summer to winter vacation and it is a great place any time of the year.

Glad to hear the cliff walk is once again fully open.

Cheers

Len