Choice Air price drop

coconutmonkey

Even though the money doesn't go to the airline until your boarding documents are issued, choice air does make the non-refundable reservation with the airline. You can actually go to the airline site with the record locator and change your seat or whatever.

I have no clue why the funds flow the way they do....but be warned, if you cancel the cruise, they close out the cruise record and your air ticket will be cancelled, even if you wanted to keep it and just go to the remote city for the duration of the cruise. (hope that made sense). You don't really have an airline ticket until your boarding documents are prepared...in fact, if you have a choice air booking, your boarding documents are delayed (for unknown reasons) by about a week.

There are times where choice air offers highly desirable fares...for example, flying to a transatlantic one way. However, if you are just flying round trip, my advice is to book it directly with the airline or through an internet airline site...not through Choice Air.

In answer to the OP's question....you probably won't be able to change your ticket but it never hurts to ask.....

Edited by ghstudio

I am new to using Choice Air. I booked a non-refundable ticket and now see on Choice Air's website a price drop for my January 2016 flights. Will Choice Air refare the ticket or am I out of luck?

Thanks

We booked Business class on USAir through choice air. About 3 months later I saw the same flight was being offered through BA on choice air. (they codeshare with USAir). I called choice air and they rebooked us. They did charge a fee, but we were refunded $1300. We even kept the same seats.

Even though the money doesn't go to the airline until your boarding documents are issued, choice air does make the non-refundable reservation with the airline. You can actually go to the airline site with the record locator and change your seat or whatever.

I have no clue why the funds flow the way they do....but be warned, if you cancel the cruise, they close out the cruise record and your air ticket will be cancelled, even if you wanted to keep it and just go to the remote city for the duration of the cruise. (hope that made sense). You don't really have an airline ticket until your boarding documents are prepared...in fact, if you have a choice air booking, your boarding documents are delayed (for unknown reasons) by about a week.

In the scenario you've described, is it safe to assume that although you have an airline booking number, seat assignments, etc, that you don't have a ticket number issued by the airline?

Our one and only experience with ChoiceAir was different. We purchased a one-way ticket associated with our Celebrity booking long before any of the cruise documents were issued. Not only did we have an airline booking number, seat assignments, etc, but also a documented ticket number from the airline. Turns out we ended up canceling the Celebrity cruise and booked with Princess instead (same departure date, same departure city). We still flew the flight booked through ChoiceAir without incident even though we wound up sailing on Princess. Nothing happened to our airline ticket or reservation when we canceled the cruise on Celebrity.

Edited by BEAV