Breakaway cabin selection question

ticman

Planning on booking 5 cabins---9170 thru 9178 for July 1, 2016 family cruise.

Any comments on these port side cabins as to location or balcony issues would be appreciated.

thanks all

Thanks for the offer of getting back to me re above cabins. I have them on hold thru 7/11 (this Saturday) so may have to make a decision before you leave.

My question was 1 of location. Seemed to me that these were well suited for activities on decks 6,7, & 8. I liked the location for easy access to elevators and stairs. It appears that looking over the balcony the Waterfront deck is covered so you aren't looking over someone else's balcony. We needed at least 1 room that slept 4. Higher decks in this location did NOT have any sleep 4 cabins.

concerned about noise from below; and if being somewhat higher makes sense for access to pools etc.

btw I see you are in New Hampshire. East of Hartford CT here.

enjoy your cruise

Mike

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the offer of getting back to me re above cabins. I have them on hold thru 7/11 (this Saturday) so may have to make a decision before you leave.

My question was 1 of location. Seemed to me that these were well suited for activities on decks 6,7, & 8. I liked the location for easy access to elevators and stairs. It appears that looking over the balcony the Waterfront deck is covered so you aren't looking over someone else's balcony. We needed at least 1 room that slept 4. Higher decks in this location did NOT have any sleep 4 cabins.

concerned about noise from below; and if being somewhat higher makes sense for access to pools etc.

btw I see you are in New Hampshire. East of Hartford CT here.

enjoy your cruise

Mike

Hi, wondering if you did happen to stay in cabin 9170 on the Breakaway and if so how was it?

you seem to be aware of activities on 8 but also be aware of potential smoking issues. even when i walked around 8, i could smell the upcoming smoke. i think smoke rises and i didnt check out where your rooms are but just be aware.

also there maybe music in fat cats i think?

If you would be bothered by smoke, it might be a problem. We stayed in a balcony room on the 9th floor toward the back staircase on the starboard side. I didn't spend much time on the balcony b/c of the smoke. You heard some noise outside from Spice H2O, but nothing with the balcony closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums