August Deals?

angelndscz

So our current August vacation we have to cancel so now I am looking at replacing it with a cruise. I see the Sensation departing Aug 9th so that works with our schedule. I am getting a quote online for $1530 for the four of us (me, DH, and two kids ages 12 and 13). That doesn't include gratuities. Are there any discount codes out there?

We are Florida residents and DH and I are both retired military. I have it on hold now. When I went to the travel agent website I used before I am getting the exact same quote with our points through them.

This is just for an interior room. The vacation we cancelled was to D.C. and would have only ran us maybe $600 for the week staying on military bases and staying on a tight budget. We no longer have a week to spend in D.C. and I don't think it's worth going to D.C. to only have 2 full days (a day to drive up and a day to drive back, so four days) when we live in Florida and can do a 3-4 day cruise. We can save D.C. for another time.

Edited by angelndscz

1530 is damn cheap for four people

It's the rack rate for an interior room. I wouldn't call it "damn cheap" but it it's not "overly expensive" either. I have only cruised with balcony rooms in the past but trying to keep the costs down since our trip to D.C. was only going to cost us $600 overall after hotel, gas, food, and a few tours. :p

Does anyone know of any August specials, discount codes, etc? I have it on hold but looking for some discounts. I am calling the travel company I used last time since I have over 25K points with them and even using points the travel company quote online is the same. Pretty much the points only start to give a decent discount on more expensive cabins. A balcony room was going to be just under $2900.

Also, these prices I am providing does not include the gratuity I would need to leave. For the suite that was $1530 the gratuity Carnival website listed would be an additional $190. I do tend to tip above what is mandatory. Plus, additional money for anything we want to do at the ports.

$1530 is just the price to book the trip, not what we will spend total when all is said and done.

Edited by angelndscz

Check with Carnival about a military rate. In 2012 we went and my friends husband was honorably discharged from the Coast Guard and they had a special military rate. He had to provide them with a copy of his DD214 and then they were able to get a different rate. It's worth a try.

This will either be a 3 or 4 day cruise. So about $95 a day per person at minimum. Too much in my book for 4 in one interior room going to Nassau and Freeport. Damn cheap....I don't think so.

I wouldn't say it's cheap either, but after a bit of research, it's because of the time of year. The good prices are starting to show up in November.