Port canaveral Jetty beach

I'm looking for information about The Port Canaveral stop. I have looked and asked in the Florida port page, but still have questions. Can you walk to Jetty Beach from the ship? If not, any idea on cab price? If you cab it or walk, is there an entrance fee?

We've been to Cocoa Beach and always took a shuttle outside of the ship. I know there is a public bus too. How far is the bus stop from the ship?

Thanks for any help!

I'm looking for information about The Port Canaveral stop. I have looked and asked in the Florida port page, but still have questions. Can you walk to Jetty Beach from the ship? If not, any idea on cab price? If you cab it or walk, is there an entrance fee?

We've been to Cocoa Beach and always took a shuttle outside of the ship. I know there is a public bus too. How far is the bus stop from the ship?

Thanks for any help!

We have bicycled from the park to very close to where the ships dock and I would say it is a pretty long way to walk, there is an entrance fee for cars at the park but I am not sure if you walked in after being dropped by a taxi.

There is a fairly new tower that has been built that you could probably walk to (maybe about 20 minute walk?) we just happened to be there when they opened and it was free but I know there was going to be an admission fee, there are some interactive things to do, different things on each floor, view from top is nice, we enjoyed it. http://www.explorationtower.com/

Sorry I'm no help with buses or cab fee.

Edited by coscab

You might just google Jetty Park for pictures and amenities. I've only been there once in a car and there's a parking fee for non residents. We just chilled out a while as we wanted to watch the ships sail out, sat on the channel rocks and did our good bye waves.

No way would I try to walk there from a terminal.

Thank you for your replies. I don't think we'll be attempting to walk it as my DD and DH would probably kill me in the Florida heat. We'll probably go back to plan A which is to head to Cocoa Beach as we've done before. Does anyone know how far away the bus stops are from the terminal or if we should just stick with the shuttles?

You can also rent a car relatively inexpensively for the day (I would say around $40 total). All the major car rental companies are represented and they each send their own shuttle to the port as the rental offices are about 2 miles away. We've done this several times and had no issues whatsoever. When you turn the car back in, you then just hop the shuttle back to the ship. We've usually gone with Alamo. This really gives you the freedom to do whatever you want, wherever you want. We've even gone to Orlando for the day.

Edited by tarps14