A/C in Conquest cabins

elruth

We are sailing on the Conquest in early Sept. We have an aft balcony cabin with extended balcony. I keep reading posts that mention that the A/C in cabins on the Conquest keeps the room too warm. Has anyone sailed recently and is that still a problem? We like a cooler cabin and sure hope it isn't too warm.

I wasn't on the Conquest, but I had a balcony last month on her sister ship, the Freedom and the A/C in our room was terrible. It's the first time it's ever been an issue for us. We kept our balcony door closed at all times and even kept our blackout curtains closed quite a bit to try and make it cooler.

My sister and I had Conquest 1017, an inside.

I am including the cabin number so everyone who reads this will know at least one cabin to definitely avoid.

It was hot.

Not warm, very hot.

We had to take off all the covers and it was still hot.

Hot enough to wake me up when I was sleeping.

Sometimes it would just get hotter and hotter.

One night I was so hot that I got up and got a wet washcloth to put on my head so that I could be cool enough to sleep.

In the morning my sister and I were talking and she had done the same thing.

I had called and they sent someone to check who said that it was within an acceptable range and did nothing.

In hindsight I should have complained more because it was really not what we paid for.

Seventeen Carnival cruises and that one was rough.

I really do not care for Conquest now.

Once was enough...

I decided that I was foolish not to have tried harder to get moved to a comfortable cabin and in the future I will handle things differently.

Edited by mzloolue