breakaway--preferences for starbord or port cabins

ticman

just curious as to people's preference for port or starboard cabins and why?

Also preference to forward stair/elevators vs aft.

entering the analysis paralysis phase of booking cabins. Currently looking at decks 9 and 10. Am concerned on deck 9 of being too close to Waterfront awning on deck 8.

thanks for all your help

Mike

We've only been on Breakaway once, and we were in a forward, starboard balcony (11734). It was forward enough to not be above the waterfront, high enough as to have a good view down, and we didn't feel too much motion except on the last sea day, and it wasn't that bad.

For port vs starboard, I don't know if one has a definitive edge over the other. Starboard is good if you're an early riser, because when you get back into New York, you'll have a great view of the morning skyline as you sail in. Port is better for sailaway, although we're almost always up top for that anyway. Docking in ports could be in either direction, so you can't count on one side facing the dock.

We'll be on the Breakaway again in 24 days, and this time we have an aft balcony...I hear that's the best, so I can't wait. :D

Edited by dcipjr

When departing NY- the city skyline on the port side, and Statue of Liberty on starboard side, but the best is being topside when going under the Verrazano Bridge. I think the fireworks are set off on the port side(but I'm not totally sure about that--anybody??) Forward or aft makes no difference to us- unless it is an aft balcony(those are great)

Safe sailing

We were in cabin 11884 a starboard balcony, very close to the rear elevators. As mentioned starboard for a view of the Statue of Liberty and port side for the fireworks. In Bermuda we faced the old fort and dockyard.

Enjoy:)

You can't tell which side they will pull up to the pier. Port side you will get a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty as you sail back in....very early in the AM! Just throw on a robe and step out on that balcony:D