Weekend cruises(2 Nights out of NY, BREAKAWAY) OFFICIALY CANCELLED

cruisegal98

Ok I wasn't sure if it was allowed. I would still prefer hot sunny weather over NY cold, snow & sleet given the choice.

I guess we will all find out soon enough.

I wish they would hurry up too!!! I want to do the ba again next January but found the prices way to high even back in April.....so I booked the 10 day gem at rock bottom true ksf prices!!!

10 days is too short for me but 12 days works perfectly as we need that second weekend home

14 days floating near NYC is a deal breaker in addition to the way too high ba prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only port I can see being added is St Maarten. Norwegian doesn't go to Haiti, or Grand Turks, or Dominican Republic.

Bermuda could be a possible stop. But during mid winter, it'll be too cold.

NYC as a port stop isn't likely. That'll be like 'Nowhere' cruise. And most people would probably depart on the 12th day, possibly leaving the ship 70% empty. In which case NCL will lose way too much money. NCL doesn't want any rooms empty! Not even for one day!

Or if all else fails, there's a big chance that they'll just have 2 added sea days. Extra day sailing down. Extra day sailing back up. Simple solution, with no added headaches.

Personally, I hope St Maarten is added as the last port. And make it an overnight stay. That way, there's no rescheduling conflict on all the other port stops.

And I happen to love St Maarten, so it would be perfect.

The only port I can see being added is St Maarten. Norwegian doesn't go to Haiti, or Grand Turks, or Dominican Republic.

Bermuda could be a possible stop. But during mid winter, it'll be too cold.

NYC as a port stop isn't likely. That'll be like 'Nowhere' cruise. And most people would probably depart on the 12th day, possibly leaving the ship 70% empty. In which case NCL will lose way too much money. NCL doesn't want any rooms empty! Not even for one day!

Or if all else fails, there's a big chance that they'll just have 2 added sea days. Extra day sailing down. Extra day sailing back up. Simple solution, with no added headaches.

Personally, I hope St Maarten is added as the last port. And make it an overnight stay. That way, there's no rescheduling conflict on all the other port stops.

And I happen to love St Maarten, so it would be perfect.

Me to I was disappointed they removed it from the 12 day in the first place. I would hit Maho beach again

To bad these cruises have to stop. I have never tried one. But it sure sounds wonderful to just sit and not do anything. Oh well.

There's no law that you have to do anything or get off the ship in any ports. I've done the 7day Bahamas Florida and never left the ship. Way more cost effective to do it as a 7day then the 2day.

There's no law that you have to do anything or get off the ship in any ports. I've done the 7day Bahamas Florida and never left the ship. Way more cost effective to do it as a 7day then the 2day.

Soooo true

I have booked ba for 12 days dirt cheap

Gem for 10 days dirt cheap

Gem and Jewell 7 day at reasonable prices

IMHO the only benefit of a ctn....which are way way overpriced for a cruise.... Is the simplicity and ease of just 2 days....quick getaway that doesn't take much planning

As far as pricing is concerned they are a ridiculous rip off......and yes I know everyone likes to compare them to a 2 night NYC stay with broadway tix etc....

And true compared to that they are reasonable......but at $200 plus per day per pax...it is ridiculous pricing for a cruise

In 2014 of course the gem did a number of cheapo 1 night ctns for as low as $22 per pax plus tax

We did the gem 1 n in April 2014 for a little over $300 for 2

The price was $59 per pax and the tax was approx $100 per pax lol

Cagneys $60

Parking. $40

Tips $24

Wine and drinks. $75 approx

It was a $500 for 23 hours

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Am concidering the jan 17 cruise. But would need to fly home on jan 30. Would really like to know if/when any changes will occur.

We just got the notification that the change was made to 14 days. Not back in NY until 01/31. Changed out St. kitts and St. Lucia for St. Maarten and Dominica. Added Martinique and Antigua. Okay news for us as we live in CT. No fights to change. Checked Norwegian website last night and they had not yet made the change.

-Kristi