Allure OTS - 28-Jun, Western Med. Trip Report (photo-heavy)

Great review and pictures.

Did you notice the Wifi costs on board, and speed?

Was any of the Royal IQ functionality working?

Did you see Mamma Mia?

Did you eat in any of the specialty restaurants?

Which dining room was allocated to MTD? Presumably DD has not been introduced yet :-(

Thanks

Edited by little britain

Thank you. WiFi was US$15 per day, 50% discount on second device. Don't know what. Royal IQ is! Mamma Mia was excellent. We didn't go to the specialty restaurants.

Brusque reply because I am typing on my phone. - sorry!

Was any of the Royal IQ functionality working?

No

Did you see Mamma Mia?

It's a top quality show with a live orchestra and singers. Every seat in the theater was occupied. Try to be early.

Which dining room was allocated to MTD?

MTD is in American Icon Grill (Deck 3)

Edited by AntiCat

Thank you so much for the pictures. Just want to check with you about the bus in Palma de Mallorca. Sounds like you take the shuttle from the ship, then you can take the bus to town and back to the ship. Is that right? Thank you again!

Thank you so much for the pictures. Just want to check with you about the bus in Palma de Mallorca. Sounds like you take the shuttle from the ship, then you can take the bus to town and back to the ship. Is that right? Thank you again!

The shuttle was charged (€5 each?) and takes you from the ship to the cathedral and back. There was no second bus.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

When you went to Pompeii did you go on a ships tour and was it strenuous. We are going in September and would like to visit Pompeii but my sister and husband aren't as fit as they used to be.

Yes, this was the ship's tour. It was very well organised.

We got onto the bus and were taken to a parking place outside of Pompeii. There we were given a bottle of water.

After that we walked from there along a flat path before turning to go into the ruins themselves. They were moderately hilly, and we were walking on cobblestones. We were standing around while the guide explained what we were seeing.

The walk was, I think, about 1.5 miles in total.

When we did it, the temperature in the shade was low 30s. But in September it will presumably be rather cooler.

Would your sister and husband be okay walking for a couple of miles around a local park (with a gentle hill in it)? If so, you'll be fine. If not, you might want to think carefully.

Yes, this was the ship's tour. It was very well organised.

We got onto the bus and were taken to a parking place outside of Pompeii. There we were given a bottle of water.

After that we walked from there along a flat path before turning to go into the ruins themselves. They were moderately hilly, and we were walking on cobblestones. We were standing around while the guide explained what we were seeing.

The walk was, I think, about 1.5 miles in total.

When we did it, the temperature in the shade was low 30s. But in September it will presumably be rather cooler.

Would your sister and husband be okay walking for a couple of miles around a local park (with a gentle hill in it)? If so, you'll be fine. If not, you might want to think carefully.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think they would be fine with the mile and half walk they are used to walking family dogs. As long as it's not too hot. I can now give them a little more info and let them decide. Seems a shame to go all that way and not visit the site. Many thanks for a great review I am so looking forward to our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...