Character Breakfast & Cupcake classLOS

Greetings! We did the character breakfast 2 years ago on the Allure. At that time there were 3 breakfasts offered, and each day had a different set of characters.
For example: Day 1 - Kung Fu Panda / Day 2 - Shreck / Day 3 - Madagascar
Our son was 8 at the time and enjoyed it very much. We had our camera ready as the characters come to your table for photos.
Not sure if offered during normal MDR breakfast, but for the character breakfast there were always special chocolate items available.

We will also be on Liberty - in 2 days! :) - and we were very close to doing the breakfast again, but decided not to. There is now a $10.00 cover charge per person, whereas 2 years ago it was free, and our son will be 11 next month and said it was "ok" for us to not go.

So if the age of your child/children is on the "younger" side, I think it is most certainly a fun thing to do. Just remember that not all characters show up on same day (unless that is something that has also changed).

Just off the liberty and we did cupcake class. It was cute and we enjoyed it. It was the adult class. They charged my 9 yo the adult price which was fine by me. It was $22. The kids class I believe is $15 but it was a very simplistic design. It takes about an hour. Unfortunately I did it on a Bermuda day the one day we actually had sun!!!! But it was fun. [attachment=284362:name]

I really enjoyed the cupcake class on the FOS. To me it was worth it, we made the burger and fries. I believe our class lasted about 45 minutes to an hour, they fill up fast so reserve your time and day early so you get the one you want. Edited by dacsmom

[quote name='smile1234']Thanks - so it sounds like i am in for the cupcake class and out for the breakfast. I have a 10 yr old who could care less and a 3 yr old who will not sit [B]for just 1 character[/B]. Thanks so much everyone[/QUOTE]

Just to note, when we did it it wasnt just one character. There are 3 or 4 characters, so if Madagascar it's usually the 4 main animals, if Shrek it's Fiona, Shrek, donkey and puss in boots etc etc

[quote name='BekkaW']Just to note, when we did it it wasnt just one character. There are 3 or 4 characters, so if Madagascar it's usually the 4 main animals, if Shrek it's Fiona, Shrek, donkey and puss in boots etc etc[/quote]

Did your kids enjoy it?

This may not help you, but just giving a different context. We did character meals at Disney when we had toddlers and 5 year olds. The kids were s so about it. They liked it, but not for the cost I payed. That said, $10 is a lot more affordable.

Will this only be offered in one dining setting? Not sure if being forced to choose one dining venue, versus choosing any option that day, has any impact on your decision.

Exactly - as mentioned above it is more than one character.

The breakfasts are on sea days and were in the MDR. One half of MDR for character breakfast and the other half normal breakfast.

We decided this time around that we will get pictures during the normal "photo shoots" during the day.

[quote name='seaotter15']Exactly - as mentioned above it is more than one character.

The breakfasts are on sea days and were in the MDR. One half of MDR for character breakfast and the other half normal breakfast.

We decided this time around that we will get pictures during the normal "photo shoots" during the day.[/QUOTE]

Those photo shoots are fun. I am a big Puss and Boots fan, and the characters were great and interacted with everyone who wanted a picture. It is not like many places, where it is line up, picture, and go away.