Britannia Grade HF cabin

opsman123

Probably been asked before but just done a late booking on Britannia cruise B515 and got a Grade HF balcony cabin with unrestricted view.It says that is the lowest grade cabin but,

Are these the same as the other cabins? Is it just the position that changes the grade? I know some have sofas and this one does not.

Has anyone stopped in a HF grade cabin?

Any information would be most welcome

Looking at the deck plan your HF will have no view obstructions. As it is an "H" series Balcony it will not have a sofa. All the "H" series will be the same except the lower grades like the "F" which you have booked will simply be in an unpopular location. Midships cabins are typically more expensive. Your cabin seems to be on deck 15, "A" deck and well forward. This location is likely to be unpopular with people who dislike walking or are prone to sea sickness as being high you will get more roll effect and being well forward more pitch effect also adding walking distance to access the general infrastructure of the ship. On the positive it's a big ship the sea might be calm and you might be solid as a rock on rough passages. The Crow's Nest is quite handy for you as is the Lido pool and associated facilities (but you are not too near the pool noise area). Your nearest lifts go to the theatre area but usually you are in a restaurant when you want to move on there. Hopefully you get allocated a convenient restaurant and then the package is very good. What is unpopular with many people may well suit you ideally!

Bon Voyage John

Edited by john watson

We've had forward cabins twice and both times loved the quietness. Although on Ventura and not Britannia, we felt very little movement and quite liked the long walk along the corridor!

We had an HF grade cabin. We had no problems although usually go forward No movement on ship although high up. We were in Oriental restaurant and OK was fair walk and I don't walk particularly well but we managed. We had a chair instead of a sofa and the cabin was slightly smaller than we are used to but we knew that before we went. All in all I would choose this grade again as it is very convenient for Crows nest and theatre. We were fairly near the lifts so didn't have to walk too far.

Thanks, Only booked it this morning will check when details come through.

Thanks for your help

Hi again - I would have a close look at a picture of Britannia from the outside along with the deckplan. It looks like your cabin is the last one before the deck sticks out - and I think I would class this cabin as having a restricted view - although you will see out to sea without any problem as it is glass fronted, it looks as if your view to the front of the ship is totally blocked! I would term that as "partially obstructed" myself, although P & O obviously don't....! But as its low down, you shouldn't be much bothered by movement, its convenient for all the indoor facilities & looks as if it should be reasonably quiet. (Unless someone else knows different!).

But I am sure you will have a lovely time - enjoy!

Thanks it is a GF grade, Just got all the confirmation. I see what you mean about the deck plan looks like the next balcony is blocking the forward view.

Will just have to make the most of it and next time book earlier so I will get a better choice of cabin

Thanks it is a GF grade, Just got all the confirmation. I see what you mean about the deck plan looks like the next balcony is blocking the forward view.

Will just have to make the most of it and next time book earlier so I will get a better choice of cabin

At least you will be ablE to see where you have been....:)

I'm sure it will still be enjoyable.

Yes; this is a GF Balcony so you have gained a sofa. This is a s low as you can get with a balcony so you are much nearer the sea and less movement on rolling. The view from you balcony should be fine looking out to sea but if you lean on the rail and try to look ahead you wont see too much of where the ship is headed because of the previous balcony jutting out. This will mean that if there are crashing waves skooshing up they wont affect you might see them going across your view.

You will be able to get to the theatre by descending one deck but you are not actually directly above theatre probably above crew area. This is presumably a complimentary upgrade.

Regards John