June 28 Breakaway Bermuda Cruise Review

This being our first NCL cruise, I had read a lot on CC prior to sailing and got great information. Such as bringing cards to put in the light switch, requesting robes, etc. In fact, on the first day, we were explaining to some of the passengers about the light switches.

This comment made me curious... what is the issue with the light switches on the Breakaway??

This comment made me curious... what is the issue with the light switches on the Breakaway??

You need to put a card in the slot by the door to activate the lights. Without a card in the slot the lights will not turn on. You can use either your NCL card or any other card you have. You can also go to guest services an get a spare card.

Thank you for your review. We are going the BA in August and I didn't know you could book the Dinner show for free on the 1st night of the cruise. I just tried to book it and a went into my cart and is asking for my credit card. Did you pre book the first night show or is the free show only available if you reserve it on the Ship? Did you find menus for the Speciality Restaurants before on the sites before you cruised?

Thank you for your review. We are going the BA in August and I didn't know you could book the Dinner show for free on the 1st night of the cruise. I just tried to book it and a went into my cart and is asking for my credit card. Did you pre book the first night show or is the free show only available if you reserve it on the Ship? Did you find menus for the Speciality Restaurants before on the sites before you cruised?

I don't believe that Cirque is discounted on the 1st night any longer. You can see examples of BA menus here.

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

But keep in mind that the menus are being updated, so they may change before you leave.

Linda

Thank You for the info on the Restaurants. The menus look good. I'm sorry they stopped offering the first night show for free. Sounds like it was a nice way to start the cruise. We will reserve it on another night. I was unable to pre-book the any comedy shows. Has anyone been able to book them in advance? Is it difficult to book them on the ship?

I was also wondering if they had an indoor movie theatre and what movies are currently being offered? Sorry for all the questions. We have not been on NCL for a longtime and we are a little unsure of the landscape.

Hi,

I am looking at doing a Breakaway cruise next summer and am have a couple of questions.

What is the latest time you can disembark from the ship?

Do you recall if the ship had any NYC Excursions with airport Transfers included for the last day?

My flight home to the UK wouldn't leave until 9.30pm and my TA can arrange transfers but I would spend the day at the airport - which would suck!

So I am trying to figure out other alternatives, though as a solo cruiser im not confident about wandering the streets of NYC alone!

Thanks in advance of any info or advice you can give me!

Hi,

I am looking at doing a Breakaway cruise next summer and am have a couple of questions.

What is the latest time you can disembark from the ship?

Do you recall if the ship had any NYC Excursions with airport Transfers included for the last day?

My flight home to the UK wouldn't leave until 9.30pm and my TA can arrange transfers but I would spend the day at the airport - which would suck!

So I am trying to figure out other alternatives, though as a solo cruiser im not confident about wandering the streets of NYC alone!

Thanks in advance of any info or advice you can give me!

I think the last call to disembark is 10-10:30. NCL does offer a NYC tour with airport transfer. This is what is currently being offered for my 10/18/15 cruise. It looks like they only go to LGA & JFK.

ImageUploadedByForums1437909882.829907.jpg.6e424c8731dcac4d723e447915e8af6c.jpg

Thank You for the info on the Restaurants. The menus look good. I'm sorry they stopped offering the first night show for free. Sounds like it was a nice way to start the cruise. We will reserve it on another night. I was unable to pre-book the any comedy shows. Has anyone been able to book them in advance? Is it difficult to book them on the ship?

I was also wondering if they had an indoor movie theatre and what movies are currently being offered? Sorry for all the questions. We have not been on NCL for a longtime and we are a little unsure of the landscape.

I don't think you can book the comedy shows online, but it's very easy to go to the ticket office for tickets.

I know they show movies on the big screen outside but I don't remember a dedicated theater inside.

Linda

I think the last call to disembark is 10-10:30. NCL does offer a NYC tour with airport transfer. This is what is currently being offered for my 10/18/15 cruise. It looks like they only go to LGA & JFK.

[ATTACH]357150[/ATTACH]

Thanks for this, I appreciate the quick reply..... though it appears it's a pity that I fly from Newark!

Thanks anyway.... I might ping NCL an email to see if there will be anything they might be able to offer me for my sailing next year... fingers crossed!