Different boarding times issued???

holdon216

I just heard that the passengers on this Sundays Breeze departure received info that there is going to be some sort of staggered boarding times. That if they arrive before 2-3pm the may not be able to board. What's that about?

That is odd. The general rule is boarding closes at 3pm. Unless a late Carnival booked air arrival is late, everyone must be on board by 3.

It could be they are doing a immigration check, a coast guard check, or something else and want less of a crowd showing up early...

We just got the same email for our Sunshine cruise leaving next Saturday. It said they had to do "routine checks". They told us this last year too before our RCCL cruise and we came at 10:30 and got right on.

We haven't decided what time we are actually going to board yet, but hopefully we do not have to wait until our assigned time of 1-2. Hopefully we will be able to get on before that!

Your boarding pass should have a time for you to board. Carnival is trying to avoid long lines and having people upset when they have to wait. The problem is that it is sent to all passengers including FTTF and Diamond/Platinum who are the first ones onboard.

There are many who say to ignore the time and just show up. That's fine unless there is a real reason to delay boarding. If you show up early and have to wait, you just can't complain about it.

If you are one of those to board first, and your email doesn't state a reason for not showing up early go for it. My son and daughter-in-law have FTTF and we are Platinum, so we will disregard our boarding time off 1:30-3:00 because there is no reason attached.

Do what you think is best for you, but if you are delayed, it's on you, just as it is on me. Have a great cruise.

Your boarding pass should have a time for you to board. Carnival is trying to avoid long lines and having people upset when they have to wait. The problem is that it is sent to all passengers including FTTF and Diamond/Platinum who are the first ones onboard.

There are many who say to ignore the time and just show up. That's fine unless there is a real reason to delay boarding. If you show up early and have to wait, you just can't complain about it.

If you are one of those to board first, and your email doesn't state a reason for not showing up early go for it. My son and daughter-in-law have FTTF and we are Platinum, so we will disregard our boarding time off 1:30-3:00 because there is no reason attached.

Do what you think is best for you, but if you are delayed, it's on you, just as it is on me. Have a great cruise.

We won't complain, I'd much rather go with hope to get on early and wait at the pier than wait in our hotel room until 1 to go and board :)

Does anyone know in port canaveral if there is a separate line for FTTF or do they only let FTTF go on at first?