Ferry from Cozumel to playa del Carmen

cruisinmeme

I see that NCL has a n excursion of the round trip from Cozumel to playa del Carmen for 19.00. Our first cruise in 1998 we went to the ruins in talum and did the ferry and briefly saw PDC. Well 18 cruises later with 3 cruise lines and MANY MANY trips to Cozumel (which I never tire of by the way) we are thinking about doing this ferry ride. We don't care for the beach, so it would be eating and shopping.

So what is everyone's take on this. Once we did take a bus trip to cancun to shop and sight see (excursion thru carnival) we are plenty happy eating and shopping in Cozumel, just thought this would be different.

What is favorite places to eat on the 5th ave strip?

Are you sure that the $19 price is round trip? That seems really cheap as it is cheaper than booking directly with the ferries. I would be shocked if NCL is selling cheaper than the ferries.

Regarding restaurants on 5th Ave., our favorites are Babe's noodle bar (great Thai food and fabulous mojitos), La Cueva del Chango (nice garden atmosphere, but off of 5th ave. about a block and at the very far end from the ferry terminal), and Mom's, but I am not sure Mom's serves lunch. We also like the food at La Parilla, but that place is a bit too touristy to my liking.

When was the last time you have been in 5th Ave.? It has really grown over the years so if it has been a while,you are in for a treat! :)