Vegan on Norwegian

Chriselle

You might struggle, but each of the specialty restaurants seemed to have a vegetarian dish. I don't think the steakhouse had a proper vegan offering though.

Send them an email, hope for the best, but keep expectations low.

Just off the BA today after sailing with my 20 y.o. vegan daughter. This was our second cruise on the ship and each time she was taken good care of in the specialty restaurants.

Our first cruise we attended our Meet and Greet and spoke directly with a Restaurant/Food/Beverage officer who arranged to have menus delivered to her daily in her room for a vegan dinner at whichever restaurant we were planning on going to.

For this cruise, we did not attend the Meet and Greet (I don't think there was one) so we spoke with the Concierge staff in the Haven and they alerted the restaurants that a vegan would be needing a special menu. The first dinner at Le Bistro, she was served steamed veggies :mad: but at Cagney's she was served a very good dish with tofu and other things she loved. She was not given menus beforehand as was the case in the first cruise and I think the restaurants only knew there would be a vegan and nothing else.

I should add that on the latest cruise my daughter was not staying in a suite; she and three other people were in balcony cabins but my bf and I were in a suite and the Haven staff worked with us to make my daughter's dining enjoyable.

All in all, NCL will definitely do their best to work with you regarding dietary issues but I highly recommend that as noted in the prior responses, you reach out prior to your cruise and speak with them. I also think that if you can connect with the appropriate officer at your meet and greet (if there is one for your cruise) they will absolutely accommodate your needs.

Have fun! :)

Does anyone have any experience with vegan eating on NCL? We are strict vegans (no meat, eggs, dairy, fish) and would like to eat more than just veggies and fruit on our 12-day cruise. :D

Chriselle,

Here are two very important questions no one else has asked. Probably because they may be ignorant in this subject.

1) Are you Vegans for an underlining health matter?

2) Are you OK with your meals being prepared in contaminated NON VEGAN friendly conditions. For example a utensil or pan not used exclusively for your dietary requirements?

If you can answer both questions as NO, you will be fine, otherwise you should be concerned.

My friend is Vegan due to a health matter. I know from years of being around this. It can be a challenge to

Be confident in what and from where your meals are prepared in.

Chriselle,

Here are two very important questions no one else has asked. Probably because they may be ignorant in this subject.

1) Are you Vegans for an underlining health matter?

2) Are you OK with your meals being prepared in contaminated NON VEGAN friendly conditions. For example a utensil or pan not used exclusively for your dietary requirements?

If you can answer both questions as NO, you will be fine, otherwise you should be concerned.

My friend is Vegan due to a health matter. I know from years of being around this. It can be a challenge to

Be confident in what and from where your meals are prepared in.

Actually, one of the questions should be - Can you eat breads/grains that has yeast in it? Doesn't matter what reason for being vegan is but question can they handle cross-contamination of meat, cheese or butter is a good one.

That's why she and her spouse should call NCL and maybe talk to Guest Services who'll direct them to food Director or Maitre'd to answer their questions.

When a vegan says they want to eat more than 'fruit and vegetables', they should call/write to see what can eat onboard. The omly otjer things they can eat after listing their restrictions in the OP is bread, grains, legumes, and soy.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Our adult daughter is a strict vegan and she has always notified NCL ahead of time of her dietary needs. There have been no issues. Even in the buffet, they have made her special pizzas and dishes. Specialty restaurants have been no problem at all. They have asked that she notify them of where she will be eating lunch and dinner. Breakfast is fine anywhere.