Need Help! Breakaway to Bermuda 2016

martyap

Trying to plan another family vacation convenient for my kids in Virginia/MD. Two years ago it was Disney; Four years ago the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. We have ruled out the X Summit and RCCL Anthem so we are looking at the Breakaway out of NYC......which is where the "paying" grandparents live...us!

If you could please give me a little direction to get me started.....we would be 6 adults, 4 kids (12, 12, 10, 13.)

1. Probably interested in an oceanview but more likely a balcony. I see many types and locations. "Family" type cabins are available but they look like they may be near noisy kid's areas. Any suggestions on type of balcony? deck? location?

2. Not big drinkers; we can do without internet for a week; never take ship's excursions........question.....Is the UDP a good choice or are the free venues OK for meals? How would that work with the 2 kids in each cabin? All are very good eaters so I know they would enjoy more upscale choices........what is the value of the UDP to determine tax/tip?

Thanks

Marty

Trying to plan another family vacation convenient for my kids in Virginia/MD. Two years ago it was Disney; Four years ago the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. We have ruled out the X Summit and RCCL Anthem so we are looking at the Breakaway out of NYC......which is where the "paying" grandparents live...us!

If you could please give me a little direction to get me started.....we would be 6 adults, 4 kids (12, 12, 10, 13.)

1. Probably interested in an oceanview but more likely a balcony. I see many types and locations. "Family" type cabins are available but they look like they may be near noisy kid's areas. Any suggestions on type of balcony? deck? location?

2. Not big drinkers; we can do without internet for a week; never take ship's excursions........question.....Is the UDP a good choice or are the free venues OK for meals? How would that work with the 2 kids in each cabin? All are very good eaters so I know they would enjoy more upscale choices........what is the value of the UDP to determine tax/tip?

Thanks

Marty

Marty, in the Terms and Conditions there is a chart that tells you how much the gratuities are for all promos based on the number of days your cruise lasts.

(link is at bottom of promo page)

Thanks

Will check the suites

Tax and tips:

*Service Charge added at time of booking (Excluding Suites & The Haven). For a 7-day cruise that charge is; Ultimate Dining-$21.42, Ultimate Beverage-$68.04, Soda Package-$8.19

Just a thought if you don't absolutely have to be in cabins right next to each other. For our March cruise on the BA (booked in February) we booked 2 ocean view guarentees. Since there are limited ocean view cabins on the BA they were both upgraded to balcony cabins! This is the best upgrade that we have ever received but if the price difference is enough it might be worth a try for you. The cabins we ended up with were only 4 doors down from each other too!

Just a thought if you don't absolutely have to be in cabins right next to each other. For our March cruise on the BA (booked in February) we booked 2 ocean view guarentees. Since there are limited ocean view cabins on the BA they were both upgraded to balcony cabins! This is the best upgrade that we have ever received but if the price difference is enough it might be worth a try for you. The cabins we ended up with were only 4 doors down from each other too!

That was lucky! However, its a gamble and you never know if you'll be on different decks on opposite ends of the ship!

I would suggest Aft balconies or the large balconies on 8. Both will have plenty of room to accommodate your family. "Family" rooms are no bigger than others, just located near the kids clubs.

You don't really need the UDP as the other eating venues are really good but as a Promo for your cabin it would make sense.

2 2-bedroom suites would be heaven and you would get all the Promos, including kids sail free so they may make sense financially.

We were off the Breakaway. There were 7 of us in three cabins, 2 balconies and an inside in the same general area. On paper these three cabins could accommodate 10 people. We were in 11882 and 11884 and 11671. All of them were by the rear elevators, quiet and convenient to everything but the theater. The kids with us were based in Bliss lounge on deck 7, 6 to 8 year old group. for our needs these cabins by the rear elevators were ideal. The kids had a ball rock climbing, trampoline, ropes course, zip line and water slides. I found the food to be excellent in all of the venues. Enjoy:)