Is the Miracle really the "quiet" ship?

Timmys_mom

I was reading the posts about Carnival's "reputation" and it was mentioned a couple of times that if you like HAL, you'll like the Miracle.

I promised my group we could party 'til the cows come home and now I am reading scarey stuff that this ship shuts down and they roll up the sidewalks at night.

What gives? AVC where are you when I need you (and a beer!)?

Hi

My wife and I just left the Miracle 9/18/05. This was our first cruise and I must say that the ship was very tame. I visioned wild parties at all the bars and drunk people everywhere but that was not the case which for me was enjoyable. I will post more when I can sit and type longer.

I will want2gosailing again2

I visioned wild parties at all the bars and drunk people everywhere but that was not the case

I'm sorry but I busted out laughing when I saw that since that is some of the rumors that have been spread and as usual, most come back like you having found it not true....Glad you had a good time.

For the OP....being on the Miracle last Feb and we had a party animal group with us......The Partae Pirates......it was up to us to make a party happen so if you will get your group together, you will have fun.....and look for the ones in the disco after midnight...that's the fun party crowd.;)

I was with the Partae Pirates and agree with Randy... we had to make our own party happen. After 11 it seemed none of the bars were open except the disco... and the disco even tried to close up early on several nights, til we made a fuss. If you are looking for a more sedate cruise, I think the Miracle is perfect for that. I also think the layout hurts them... the bars and entertainment venues are so spread over the ship... I PERSONALLY did not care for the Miracle and the layout... but that is just me, I like all the action to be centrally located :D Then you can quickly "bar hop" to see where the action is :D

OP, like Randy said, just get your own party together! You'll have a great time!!!!

It still amazes me how week to week the atmosphere can change. Like most have said...it is what you make of it!

Also remember, different people have different perceptions... what I find "dull" another may find "wild"... it really is what you make of it!!!!! :D

Just back myself from the 9/11 cruise. (went with group including wants2gosailing2!!!)

Like others have said, it is what you make of it. For my wife and I, we enjoyed not seeing large groups of teens/drunken adults running the passageways nor did we want to hear lots of noise at night. I can attest that at night, the Miracle does get quiet. Of course, kudos to the insulation they use on the balcony doors as we had folks near us who were pretty wild but couldn't hear a thing when the door was closed. I was very suprised from that aspect.

The only time I noticed large groups of drunken adults was late Friday coming back to the ship from Cozumel. I even remember a couple sitting by the stairs near the forward gangway people watching. Of course, I think they were too drunk to move and went to plan B instead.

At night, the party place was by the pool on Lido. Music and lots of noise there. Teens stuck to Dr. Frankenstein's lab for the most part. And the camp Carnival crew must have been amazing because we saw very few children on the Miracle. They kept them well hidden!

We can't wait to go again and take our teenagers with us. They'll have a great time and so will you!

The only time I noticed large groups of drunken adults was late Friday coming back to the ship from Cozumel.

One of the best times had on the Miracle was the "bead tossing" from the ship coming back from Coz!! Now THAT was fun :D

Just off the Miracle ship that sailed on 9/11 with a group of 79 (a family reunion)

Had a great time!! Its a ship for all ages. Our group consisted of people from 2 yrs old- 79yrs old, we all had a great time. Everyone had fun, either by the pool, at the kareoke (sp?) bar or just enjoying the ship.

Archived