Liberty Doors: Magnets or Vinyl?

Does anyone know if removable vinyl stickers are allowed on stateroom doors? Or do most people just go with magnets (assuming metal doors on Liberty)?

Looking for a cheap, fun way for our family reunion group to mark our doors (15 cabins).

Thanks for confirming this. Have you seen anyone use vinyl stickers or does it seem most people use magnets or just the old-fashioned paper and tape method?

Don't recall seeing any vinyl stickers, although they should work, but depending on the size you may have a problem, the cabin doors do have contours, so if the stickers overlap a contour then you will get air underneath and they may not cling properly.

Don't recall seeing any vinyl stickers, although they should work, but depending on the size you may have a problem, the cabin doors do have contours, so if the stickers overlap a contour then you will get air underneath and they may not cling properly.

Very true although one would think this would be more of a problem with magnets than vinyl stickers as vinyl is more flexible. I forgot about the contours on the door. I guess it's just best to keep whatever is going to be put on the doors small.

I've used both magnets and vinyl stickers on the doors (both worked fine). The one thing I did try that didn't work so well are those gummy clings (I was decorating for Halloween with blood splatters and such I got from the dollar store :eek:) I had to add some tape to those to get them to stick. The vinyl stickers and magnets worked perfectly though!

Have fun decorating:D

Melissa

I've used both magnets and vinyl stickers on the doors (both worked fine). The one thing I did try that didn't work so well are those gummy clings (I was decorating for Halloween with blood splatters and such I got from the dollar store :eek:) I had to add some tape to those to get them to stick. The vinyl stickers and magnets worked perfectly though!

Have fun decorating:D

Melissa

Good to know! Did you get custom vinyl stickers or just ready made ones?

Good to know! Did you get custom vinyl stickers or just ready made ones?

I used the ready made ones. In my case, they were described as removable wall stickers/decals (these were Smurf-themed as that went along with the surprised I planned for my grade school friend who was traveling with me). I used them on the cabin door as well as the mirrors in the room. They pulled right off (again though, they were specifically referenced as being "removable"on the packaging.... I'm not sure if all vinyl stickers are this way or not)

Best of luck!

Melissa

I used the ready made ones. In my case, they were described as removable wall stickers/decals (these were Smurf-themed as that went along with the surprised I planned for my grade school friend who was traveling with me). I used them on the cabin door as well as the mirrors in the room. They pulled right off (again though, they were specifically referenced as being "removable"on the packaging.... I'm not sure if all vinyl stickers are this way or not)

Best of luck!

Melissa

Ok, oh gotcha, what a nice friend you are :) I was thinking it'd be fun to do custom made stickers for our group but it may be too cost prohibitive. I'll look into wall decals and might be able to find something that will work for our group. Thanks for the ideas!