American Table?

SanD88

Ok, it's been a little over 2 years since my last cruise and I have not kept up. Going again, finally, in Sept. on the Magic. Will someone please tell me about this "American Table" I keep seeing? I've kind of skimmed through the posts here but didn't find anything on the first couple pages.....

I have travelled with both regular menus and American table. I liked them both. I'm sure someone here can point you in the direction of the actual menus.

If you check out John Healds page on FB, he has been putting up pictures of the dishes available each day and the menus themselves.

I've seen a lot of posts that state people prefer the older menus, but to me the quality of the food and service is just about the same and it's nice to have a change sometimes.

Ok, it's been a little over 2 years since my last cruise and I have not kept up. Going again, finally, in Sept. on the Magic. Will someone please tell me about this "American Table" I keep seeing? I've kind of skimmed through the posts here but didn't find anything on the first couple pages.....

Could you describe the American Table?

As I have a vision of group of Americans seated at a table, in front of each person is one plate, containing all the courses, and a the cutlery consisting of a single fork. ;)

I have travelled with both regular menus and American table. I liked them both. I'm sure someone here can point you in the direction of the actual menus.

If you check out John Healds page on FB, he has been putting up pictures of the dishes available each day and the menus themselves.

I've seen a lot of posts that state people prefer the older menus, but to me the quality of the food and service is just about the same and it's nice to have a change sometimes.

Is it served in the MDR as an alternative to the regular menu?

Is it served in the MDR as an alternative to the regular menu?

As I have a vision of group of Americans seated at a table, in front of each person is one plate, containing all the courses, and a the cutlery consisting of a single fork. ;)

It's just like every other menu on Carnival except this one has a name. I don't think the previous two sets have had specific names.

They've changed the look of the dining room by removing the table cloths on non-elegant night.

That would be fun.

Each person gets a fork and when the gong sounds it is every man for him/herself.:):)

It is a different menu with sides served family style.

They're still debating the tablecloth issue.

The menu has been greatly tweaked since its introduction 18 months ago. It's been an interesting transformation. We've sailed any times on the 3&4 day cruises out of LA. The Imagination has the wooden tabletops. The Inspiration uses tablecloths. She didn't get the wood tops at her latest drydock.

That would be fun.

Each person gets a fork and when the gong sounds it is every man for him/herself.:):)

It is a different menu with sides served family style.

We've been on the Imagination a few times and have never had family style sides. From what I hear, they changed that fairly quickly. We always get individual size sides, even when we all order the same side or someone orders a double side.

ETA: We've had both menus within 2 days (imagination then miracle) and preferred American Table. There are some things that overlap, but we liked the new menus better overall.

Edited by JillySue