Children in Yacht Club---advice needed please

Sheltieluv

Hi all

I am contemplating booking a girls' trip on the Divina for next June or August. The party would consist of my 2 adult nieces, my sister, and myself.

I'm looking at the Yacht Club because of the amenities and the overall sense of serenity it seems to present. My question is, have any of you experienced a lot of noise from children in the YC, especially in the pool area? Don't get me wrong, I love kids (I taught for 34 years), but the thought of screaming kids doing cannon balls into the pool is making me rethink the YC if such behavior has been witnessed. I don't want to pay all that $ to have our vacation ruined by parents who don't supervise their kids because of the "we're on vacation so we can do whatever we want" attitude. (I'm sure you know the type.:rolleyes:)

Would I be better off booking the Aurea experience so we have access to the adult pool area? One of my nieces is a teacher, so I think she'd like some time away from a lot of kids, and the other is the mom to 3 boys, so she'd appreciate some quiet time as well!:) That's why I'd really like to book the YC. However, I'm open to all suggestions.

Your thoughts? Again, I don't dislike children. But, I do have issues with uninvolved parents with no thought to other passengers and just let their kids run wild.

Thanks for any and all advice!

We sailed in the Yacht Club on MSC Divina last year in late August and there were a few small children onboard, but they were well behaved and supervised whenever they were in the pool or jacuzzis. We did however, hear them running up and down the hallways at times,,,but for the most part it was very peaceful and very enjoyable,,,you'll have a great time!!!:)

I was concerned about kids also but surprisingly in the YC this past April there were just a few. Very well behaved,yes they were in the pool & jacuzzi BUT no Cannon balls and horse play. I think not having a lot of kids around really added to my enjoyment. I went on the NCL Epic and actually paid for the adult section because of all the kids. Unlike Mikesa1721 I never heard the kids....lucky me!

Crzy, was your cruise during Easter/Spring break? Maybe since there weren't a lot of kids around, they couldn't "feed" off each other's bad behavior!:) Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

I am going to do a cost comparison between Aurea suites and the YC; I'm betting YC will win out even though it will probably cost considerably more.

We took our 8 year old on the Easter cruise on the Divina. There were more children in the YC than normal but you would have never known it. While our daughter enjoyed the pool, the pool was never inundated with kids. Our daughter and her friends from the YC enjoyed spending time in the Kids club ad exploring other aspects of the ship. I actually found the pool area a little too serene. The music they played was impossible to hear.