Re-routed to Galveston

Boitexan

My husband & I have reservations on the Carnival Conquest on Dec. 25. We were originally scheduled to leave out of New Orleans and now we’ve been re-routed to leave from Galveston. I spoke to the agent at Carnival the day I received the e-mail about being re-routed. She said there was a chance that Carnival would implement some sort of "shuttle" to take people from the New Orleans area to Galveston. Has anyone heard anything about this? :confused:

To be on the safe side, I would look into making my own travel arrangements to Galveston. That probably will interfere with your plans for Christmas, but you would be assured of making the ship. It is impossible to predict what shape New Orleans will be in by then, although I hope for the best. You can always cancel alternate travel plans if things work out for you out of Nawlins.

Hola Biotexan,

I second the "make own arrangement thing." Galveston is easier to navigate than NO if it isn't too hard to change your transportation. If you need hotel info, try the Holiday Inn on the Beach. They have free cruise parking and free shuttle service to and from the port. We are scheduled to go out of NO in January on RCCL and have reservations at the Holiday Inn Select which has the same free stuff. So far they have not notified us of any port changes.

We are cruising RCCL out of Galveston in January. We have a reservation at the Holiday Inn at the Beach. We booked Hallmark Limo to and from Hobby. We had Extreme Elegance limo originally booked, but I heard too many negative things about them, so I cancelled and rebooked. Think we'll have the hotel shuttle take us early, drop out luggage, and then roam around the Strand for a bit. Can't wait!!

You're right about that! I just had a thought today- maybe I should book a hotel like Harbor House on the other side of the island- like quick. If the Holiday Inn blows away, I'll need another place to stay. Kind of selfish thinking on my part- hope nothing blows away. But just in case-

Archived