Plug beside the bed?

My husband will be taking his CPAP machine. How far is the closest plug to use that is near the bed? We already will be taking a small power strip for extras like my curling iron and such. Are extension cords permitted? I just want to make sure I have power for his machine. Thanks!! Tammy

Would an 8 ft. one be long enough? Thanks.

I would suggest a longer one so that you can place it neatly and strategically. I usually take it down the side of the cabinet and under the bed to minimize the tripping hazard. Then put a couple pieces of tape down.

I'd also suggest a multi outlet to put on the desk. That way you don't have to keep on unplugging the cpap if you have other things you want to use.

:) Happy Cruising!

Would an 8 ft. one be long enough? Thanks.

We use a 15ft that allows enough slack to run it along the vanity and wall and then under the bed. It makes only a 12 inch part along the floor to worry about. We also have a power strip on the vanity that the extension cord is connected to. There is only one outlet on most ships, not 2 like a normal wall socket.

Our last cruise I purchased a brand new extension cord to use for my bi pap however when our room steward came in he informed me they would confiscate it so told me to place it back in my suit case and he brought me one to use. Funny my PVP had told me to make sure I took one with me.

My husband will be taking his CPAP machine. How far is the closest plug to use that is near the bed? We already will be taking a small power strip for extras like my curling iron and such. Are extension cords permitted? I just want to make sure I have power for his machine. Thanks!! Tammy

If you don't bring an extension cord they will supply one for you. They will also tape it to the floor so that no one trips over it.

I always keep one (8') in the Storage bag of my DH machine. They will also get you Distilled water. (free)

Distilled water is $3/gallon. We get it as soon as we board. Can't remember if we called guest services or room service. I do know guest services called us the first afternoon to make sure we had everything we needed.

I always contact iCare@carnival.com with our booking number as well. That way they know we are bringing a CPAP and extension cord.

Here is the email I received from them last year:

======

Carnival Cruise Lines is dedicated to offering a quality cruising experience for our guests with special requirements. Our ships provide excellent service and a variety of accessibility features to make your voyage an exciting, relaxing and a memorable one.

Carnival Cruise Lines permits guest who use BIPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, and Nebulizers onboard; guests must bring their own equipment onboard for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). It is recommended that you bring your own extension cord and power strip (if multiple cpap’s) to accommodate your equipment comfortably.

Carnival Cruise Lines carries distilled water, which is available by contacting Housekeeping once onboard. The cost is approximately $3.00 a gallon.

If traveling by air, please check with the airline directly for their restrictions regarding traveling with medical equipment.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Fun Ships of Carnival Cruise Lines.

=====

Once on board, we called housekeeping and they delivered a gallon of distilled water. They will have a note at your checkin to ask if you have all the equipment you need.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I use a cpap and nebulizer and i call carnival special needs

after i book and let them know all my machines i am bringing.

If you tell them in advance they will have your distilled water

in your cabin when you arrive. I also ask for an extension cord

and that is waiting for me also. Never have a problem.

Happy sailing!!!

We have never had to pay for Distilled Water on any of the Ships we have sailed on. If they are going to charge for it then we will just use the tap water. Its only for a week & it will not harm the device.

Edited by mabones