Aft Balconies on Escape

We booked several months ago a B1 Aft balcony on Deck 9 on the Escape for February, 2015. When I booked it the website stated the B1 Aft balconies had an extra large balcony. While on a cruise site that I often use it states the Aft balconies are smaller on the Escape than on the Breakaway and the Getaway. Does anyone have any information on the size of the balconies?

When I had called a few weeks ago to make a reservation my husband and I inquired about the aft balconies. We were told that they are not much bigger than a regular balcony on this ship. The sales rep that helped us was extremely nice and even looked up this info to make sure b/c she was shocked that they were not as big as those on Getaway and other ships. She said the aft balconies will offer great views though. We opted for a regular sized balcony.

When I had called a few weeks ago to make a reservation my husband and I inquired about the aft balconies. We were told that they are not much bigger than a regular balcony on this ship. The sales rep that helped us was extremely nice and even looked up this info to make sure b/c she was shocked that they were not as big as those on Getaway and other ships. She said the aft balconies will offer great views though. We opted for a regular sized balcony.
I believe you were misinformed. Until all the specs of the new ship are made available, NCL has just been listing a regular balcony square footage size on all the aft balconies as a placeholder. As you can see from the picture, aft balconies ARE significantly bigger than regular balconies.

Norwegian-Escape1.jpg

Here's an aft picture. Deck 9 still looks plenty big

If you look at deck 11 you can see the size of a person vs depth of balcony.

I apologize in advance, but I am having trouble figuring out which deck is which. If you look to the left, there is a man in blue on a balcony. What deck is this?

I apologize in advance, but I am having trouble figuring out which deck is which. If you look to the left, there is a man in blue on a balcony. What deck is this?

That is deck 11 (if you are referring to the man on the aft on the platform). The bottom most deck that has a railing and wraps completely around the aft of the ship is deck 8. And if you are referring to the man with the ladder looking thing next to him, that is deck 9.

Edited by tarps14

That is deck 11 (if you are referring to the man on the aft on the platform). The bottom most deck that has a railing and wraps completely around the aft of the ship is deck 8. And if you are referring to the man with the ladder looking thing next to him, that is deck 9.

Yes----thank you. We have four cabins on deck 10 directly above the man in blue with the ladder thing. Not sure how I feel about the view now

We have had aft on the Getaway back in January and have it scheduled again in September. On the Away ships, the roof for the outdoor area extends all the way around the aft of deck 8. I can honestly say, it never affected our view (and we were on deck 9, directly above it). Most everything you look at will be out rather than down. I don't even remember what the roof looked like it was so inconsequential. Don't let it worry you in the least. You will get on that ship so excited about your trip, you won't even remember about the roof. Stepping out on that balcony for the first time and seeing all of Miami Beach laid out in front you will quickly wipe away any lingering worry about that 3 ft (okay, maybe a little bigger than this) of metal roof, I promise.:D

Edited by tarps14

We have had aft on the Getaway back in January and have it scheduled again in September. On the Away ships, the roof for the outdoor area extends all the way around the aft of deck 8. I can honestly say, it never affected our view. Most everything you look at will be out rather than down. I don't even remember what the roof looked like it was so inconsequential. Don't let it worry you in the least. You will get on that ship so excited about your trip, you won't even remember about the roof. Stepping out on that balcony for the first time and seeing all of Miami Beach laid out in front you will quickly wipe away any lingering worry about that 3 ft of metal roof, I promise.:D

Thank you! You made me feel much better. It is cool though to be able to see our cabin while the ship is still being built.

I booked an aft balcony on deck 11, but in looking at the picture, it looks like deck 9 has a larger balcony. We really enjoy the balcony and spend a good deal of time out there, so for us, the bigger, the better. Is this just an optical illusion or can anyone confirm if there is a difference in size on other Away ships?

I am booked on deck 12 in an aft balcony in January. I am really looking forward to this cruise. My one little concern is from the noise level from Spice H20 late at night. I am wondering if it will be noticeable throughout all of the aft balcony cabins.

I booked an aft balcony on deck 11, but in looking at the picture, it looks like deck 9 has a larger balcony. We really enjoy the balcony and spend a good deal of time out there, so for us, the bigger, the better. Is this just an optical illusion or can anyone confirm if there is a difference in size on other Away ships?

9 looks to be the largest balcony's. On the breakaway class ships this is also true that 9 has largest balcony's.

Darn I'm heading mixed review's from the break/getaway posts. A bunch have said they feel like they were right under the speakers while others said they didn't hear anything.

We have been on deck 9 corner aft and heard very little if anything from above and certainly not inside the cabin. We will be on deck 11 corner aft in Sept so we'll find out from there. Most of what I've read about noise has been deck 12 and above on the Away ships. Remember though, there is one extra deck on the Escape so it could be deck 13 and above on it (or not, we just won't know until Nov.)

Oh, and deck 9 on the Away ships definitely have the largest balconies. As in massive.

Edited by tarps14