Pride water park issue

shloink1

We were on the June 21st sailing. My daughter rode it a few times on embarkation day and got a really bad scrape on her back from it. She never went back to it later in the week, we didn't even notice that it was down. Hopefully they fix whatever scraped her back so it doesn't happen to anybody else. It was pretty painful all that week and she has a good scar right now.

Kim

Does anyone have any current information about this? Has the problem been fixed? Asking for a friend who is leaving Sunday. Their 14 yr old son is really looking forward to the slide. I know they will have a great time either way though. Thanks for any information. :D

I'm on the pride right now (2nd week of a back to back), and the green slide has not been open since I boarded on July 12. As others have mentioned water is running through it, but it hasn't been open. During last week's cruise, I heard that the green slide was closed for repairs (and had been closed for 3 weeks). A few days ago, I saw carnival workers at the top of the slide with clipboards. Today (2nd cruise), I heard that it was too windy for the slide, but I am not sure if that comment was for the green slide or the yellow slide (or both).

Edited by kim300

I'm on the pride right now (2nd week of a back to back), and the green slide has not been open since I boarded on July 12. As others have mentioned water is running through it, but it hasn't been open. During last week's cruise, I heard that the green slide was closed for repairs (and had been closed for 3 weeks). A few days ago, I saw carnival workers at the top of the slide with clipboards. Today (2nd cruise), I heard that it was too windy for the slide, but I am not sure if that comment was for the green slide or the yellow slide (or both).

Thank you for the update! If they do get it running before you debark, please, if you can, let us know. I greatly appreciate the updates. :D

the slide had issues when i was on the pride last march. but it was only down for a day. the issue was the floor was not dropping. you would get in it and the countdown would start then nothing. the water never stopped running. so it sounds like this is the same issue but over time has completely stopped working.

Really...do folks book and pay for a vacation because of a slide? Really?

I don't think that's what they're saying, but I look forward to the slide. When it's not open I'm disappointed. If it's out and out broken, I'd probably be a little more than upset.

Last week I spent my days in the Pride Serenity area just below the water slides. The "talk" that I heard a few times as to why it was not working was that a man got stuck in the slide on a prior cruise and supposedly they had to take it apart to get him out. They were waiting for replacement parts to repair it. Now this could be a total rumor and most likely is. I saw the water running through the slide the last day or two. I didn't even walk up to that deck once last week, I just saw it from down on Serenity. It could have been running earlier, I just didn't pay attention.

Edited by nodogkisses

I was on the 7/12 sailing also. I'm envious you are still on board and got to experience a different CD the 2nd week. What are the biggest differences?

Does anyone have an update on the green slide? I definitely don't book a cruise for waterslides but I do book their ships based on which one has a waterpark. It keeps my 9 year old son busy most of the week. Since we are cruising in 3 weeks on the Pride, this is disappointing :(

Does anyone have an update on the green slide? I definitely don't book a cruise for waterslides but I do book their ships based on which one has a waterpark. It keeps my 9 year old son busy most of the week. Since we are cruising in 3 weeks on the Pride, this is disappointing :(

I will be on the same sailing as you and I hope this issue is fixed and the slide is functional for the length of our cruise. I have three kids, 10, 9 and 7 looking forward to this slide. It sounds as though it has been out of order for quite some time.

I hope there is some urgency to get this issue fixed.

I asked John Heald about this today;

Will the slide be working for my cruise in 3 weeks

it should be back to working by then, technicians are on their way to the ship. I will keep you informed - cheers mate

it should be back to working by then, technicians are on their way to the ship. I will keep you informed - cheers mate

Ohhhh...I hope it's fixed for the Aug 9 sailing!! :D Thanks for asking!

Water running through this type of slide does not mean it is safe for use.

The way this slide works it has, for a better word, ejector system for the rider to enter the slide. Not just he rider but some additional water is used at the start of the ride. If that is broke, no one is going to ride.

As stated previously in the thread this is probably not a replacement part that is carried on board and I bet the uniqueness it is a special order.

Since the slide is so new, who knows maybe the blame game is going on as well. Carnival or the Manufacturer. Too bad even this Adult loves water slides and I have yet to sale the Pride after its latest upgrade.

Edited by Brighton Line

Great news! Thanks!!

Hopefully that's not just a pass it on down the line to shut them up talk because it seems to have been down most the summer if not longer. Should have had techs there a long time ago

Do people book or not book a cruise because they can get a branded hamburger or not get one? (Guy's Burgers)

I would be more likely to book to get waterslides than a certain food item, just saying...

Yep. They will also avoids ships that don't use tableclothes.

Edited by SadieN

• 2 weeks later...
The slide has not been working this week. We had a letter in our cabin saying the hoped to have it working mid-week. Waterworks was also down the first two day. Not sure if it's working now. The yellow slide has been open.

Hi there, someone else on your roll call posted they rode twice today while in port. It was a couple of hours after your post. If you notice it working can you pip back in?

Thanks !

It was back up and running that day! Unfortunately it was closed yesterday (last sea day) due to high winds. Good new is that it seems to be fixed and ready for those of you waiting! :)

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed!!

Also just off Pride today...We had fabulous weather & a great time overall. The slides were a disappointment for our group...closed until Wednesday when it was up while docked for a very short time then closed before we could even get back from excursion. Opened in port again Thursday...kids rode a few times then the door latch problem closed it again. Opened again Friday then down for wind while heading back to Baltimore.

It seems as tough this slide is a constant variable & was installed on a ship traveling the east coast with weather much worse than the gorgeous conditions we experienced....our group felt it was a waste even installing it. We had 4 days at sea and the "wind" closed down slides, mini golf & the track at certain times.