Sailin out of Seattle

gottagoacruzn

You may be able to see Race Rocks light off Sooke on your left/port side as you approach Victoria on your return trip. It depends on the approach how close you will be it has been a few years since we were in Victoria off a ship so I can't remember how close they will get. I think it will still be at quite a distance. I don't really remember any light houses on the way out to Juan de Fuca, someone else can probably confirm that.

Edited by trophy_23

I agree. I do not remember seeing any lighthouses, and I am a nut for them.

Now if you switch to a Canadian cruise on the East coast, sailing out of Portland Maine you will some, up close and personal, some great lighthouses.

Cheers

Len

Right As you leave Seattle off the port side is Alki point light house about 2 miles away, 10 miles north of Seattle on the port side will be Point no Point LH, about 6 miles past that on the starboard side will be Admiralty head LH, after making the left turn into the straits on the port side will be New Dungeness LH it's at the end of a long sand spit, and at the end of the straits on the port side is Cape Flattery LH on Tatoosh Island but it will be dark when you get to that point most likely. Now most of these will require binoculars to get really good look at them, P-N-P will be the closest you pass by. Hope this helps.

Yes...there are lighthouses in Puget Sound! They maybe a little shorter than you are used to because it is inland water.

The first one you will see- West Point Lighthouse- is shortly after you leave the dock. It is on the starboard side just a little bit after you pass a huge marina with lots of sailboats (Elliott Bay Marina).

Here is a photo of the West Point Lighthouse. I took it from a smaller vessel. Also, the quality is not the best but it will give you an idea of what you are looking for.

ed2cf92bfab5ff48e68d5bf7516abeed.jpg

It is hard to say how many you will see before it gets dark, but there are quite a few that you would pass. To see a map of them Google Puget Sound Lighthouses and select 'Lighthouses of Washington by Kraig.' It gives you a nice zoomable map of them. The cruise ship will sail west of Whidbey Island.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Right As you leave Seattle off the port side is Alki point light house about 2 miles away, 10 miles north of Seattle on the port side will be Point no Point LH, about 6 miles past that on the starboard side will be Admiralty head LH, after making the left turn into the straits on the port side will be New Dungeness LH it's at the end of a long sand spit, and at the end of the straits on the port side is Cape Flattery LH on Tatoosh Island but it will be dark when you get to that point most likely. Now most of these will require binoculars to get really good look at them, P-N-P will be the closest you pass by. Hope this helps.

Many thanks for this info! Plan to see many on land but also wanted to know which ones we will be passing!