July 20-27 2015 - Anchorage, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada

fleid17

Has anyone been on the trip this summer? What should I pack in preparation? How is the entertainment?? A little about me: mid 20's, going with the family, not many close to my age. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

We did this trip July 1 -8 this summer. We had wonderful weather, warm and sunny in Alaska. We have been on this cruise when the weather was cool and rainy (other years). Best to pack layers as you can not predict the weather. I can't help you with entertainment etc. as I don't know what ship you will be sailing on. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and wild life. Alaska is awesome.

We travel beginning next week. We are with a group of 10 people all who have waited years for this opportunity. You are very fortunate to travel there at such a young age. There are many different activities and shows on board the ship. You decide what you want to see and do for fun! Meet people of all ages! As for what to take, I am all packed--I followed the advice of layering-light shell jacket, rain coat, fleece, light gloves/hat, short sleeve shirts, 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve, jeans, 1 pair of shorts and kapris, 1 swim suit, work out clothes, sneakers, hiking shoe, dress shoes and nice clothes for dinner--check with your ship for the dinner dress code. Enjoy your trip to the fullest! It is what you make it! Have a wonderful time!!!

Edited by travgurl

I am in my late 20's but my husband (early 30's) and I both started cruising Princess in our mid-twenties and love the cruise line. There don't tend to be a lot of people around our age but we have never felt like we don't belong because of our age. Princess, however, is not a party cruise line and the nightlife may not be all that is desired by some people in their 20's. Whether or not your going to enjoy the activities and entertainment is really going to depend on your interests. Since we are not party people, we have an awesome time on our Princess cruises!

The Pacific Princess is a small ship so from what I have heard the entertainment options may not be quite as vast as some of the other ships sailing in Alaska. Nonetheless, I have heard they do a good job of trying to have a wide variety of options for activities and entertainment. I would only take my husband on the Pacific Princess on a port intensive cruise as I know he would get a little bored on sea days and miss the extra bells and whistles that some of the large and mid-sized ships have(based on my parents accounts of the Princess small ships) but I, on the other hand, would likely be completely content.

I like to take card games with us so if there isn't always an activity of interest to us on sea days, we can find a beautiful place to sit and play a few games. You may want to think about what you could bring to entertain yourself on your sea days just in case your not a fan of the planned activities.

I hope you have an excellent time!!!

The Pacific Princess is one of our favourite ships. They have the same entertainment as the other Princess ships but on a smaller scale. That said, I do miss the International Cafe and anytime dining. There will be a naturalist on board, game shows and production shows. This is not a cruise will lots of sea days, there will be scenic cruising, ports and one sea day. The scenery and wild life in Alaska are priceless. On our cruise this July, we were a family group of 10, aged 7 - 80 and everyone found lots to do. If you have specific questions ask away.