Question about the new specialty dining package

bobg529

In lieu of the newly announced ala carte pricing I am considering purchasing the new 3 day or 6 day SDP to offset the costs as I have 3 cruises booked for 2016. The question I have is if for some reason I were to cancel a cruise pre final payment (yes I always buy insurance just in case) would the charges I paid for the SDP be refundable as my deposit is. Has anyone had any similar experience with this package or any prepaid package? I'd just like to see where I stand prior to laying out the cash. Thanks for your help! :)

In lieu of the newly announced ala carte pricing I am considering purchasing the new 3 day or 6 day SDP to offset the costs as I have 3 cruises booked for 2016. The question I have is if for some reason I were to cancel a cruise pre final payment (yes I always buy insurance just in case) would the charges I paid for the SDP be refundable as my deposit is. Has anyone had any similar experience with this package or any prepaid package? I'd just like to see where I stand prior to laying out the cash. Thanks for your help! :)

I've had the price of the dining package returned in the past (January 2015), it came back as a credit on the original credit card used to pay for the dining plan.