Verizon Gift Card Mixup

carib1

I did not ask for anything and did not expect anything, she offered, I accepted and thanked her and told her that I appreciated it. Its all good! :p

I am more concerned about the person that should have gotten 5 gift cards today. I sure hope they notified them and let them know what was going on. I could only imagine waiting for 5 cards and only getting my 1 card.:( I about freaked out when I pulled out 5 cards all marked $500, thought maybe a goof and they were 5 $100 ones, went to Carnival and checked the numbers and sure enough they were $500 each. At first, for that split second you think Whoo Hoo I hit the jackpot, then reality sets in pretty quick and you know what you have to do to make it right.

The cards are on their way back to the redemption center via UPS and I have the tracking number to make sure they get back. I hope they send my replacement card just as quick.

Hope they do too big guy!!! When do you sail??

We don't sail until October 17th, but final payment is August 3rd. I do have other gift cards that I have been picking up from my birthday, mother's day, etc. I also have been getting them from Kroger, so I could use those to make my final payment if I have to. They are in way smaller denominations so just a little more work putting several card #'s in vs. one card. I believe I will survive.:p

We don't sail until October 17th, but final payment is August 3rd. I do have other gift cards that I have been picking up from my birthday, mother's day, etc. I also have been getting them from Kroger, so I could use those to make my final payment if I have to. They are in way smaller denominations so just a little more work putting several card #'s in vs. one card. I believe I will survive.:p

You will, LOL My DH and I leave August 21, on the Sunshine to the southern Caribbean 8 days. The in December on the Valor. I have my annual girl trip in May so we're going out of Miami on the Glory. My DH retired 5 years ago and I just retired from the USPS in February, I'm LOVING IT.. I worked for 28 years. Now my grand babies, 2 girls both 7, know that Nana doesn't work anymore and they pretty well keep me hopping. Gotta love them. And again I hope everything works out. Nite.

SOMEONE tell me that I'm not the only one expecting a post from the person that was SUPPOSED to get those $500 gift cards with a title like "I got ripped off on Carnival Gift Cards from Verizon!"

OP, not only did you get goodies from Verizon for being a good person, that good karma you earned will come back to you SOMETIME--maybe where you least expect it!!!

Verizon received the 5 gift cards back today, and called me immediately to let me know they got them, and are sending my replacement card next day delivery. :) And they thanked me again for my honesty, which just baffles me why they would be so surprised. I guess the world is changing and some people are just not honest anymore. :confused:

All turned out good, and Verizon did give me great customer service, so kudos to them!

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

Q. Must I notify the seller if I keep unordered merchandise without paying for it?

A. You have no legal obligation to notify the seller. However, it is a good idea to write a letter to the company stating that you didn’t order the item and, therefore, you have a legal right to keep it for free. This may discourage the seller from sending you bills or dunning notices, or it may help clear up an honest error. Send your letter by certified mail. Keep the return receipt and a copy of the letter for your records. You may need it later.

---

By the way, I probably would have done the same thing you did, but I at least wanted to let you know what the official law is on this.

Edited by psikic

Does anyone know if Verizon is still doing the gift cards? I tried to get some but it isn't showing them. I got some back in May for a cruise then but just booked another cruise and would like more gift cards. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Does anyone know if Verizon is still doing the gift cards? I tried to get some but it isn't showing them. I got some back in May for a cruise then but just booked another cruise and would like more gift cards. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

You have to just keep checking several times a day. It took me a couple months of looking to finally snag one. There is no specific time or day they come out, but when they do they go fast!

They should be getting close to offering some more, it's been over a week since the last round.

Edited by carib1

I understand you have to keep looking, because I've gotten them before. I was able to get to the point that I could see them and it said they were unavailable. I can't even see them now. It just says "no matches for your entry" when I click on Carnival.

Once they are sold out, it will say unavailable then they will remove it from the list until they have more available. At least that's what they did the last couple rounds of them.