Vineyards / wineries around Civit and Rome area

carrao

We're cruising and coming into the Civitavecchia port for the day on Sept 10. We've been to and all around the Rome area 5 times so this time we wanted to do something different. Does anyone know of local vineyards or wineries within 1 to 1 1/2 hours of the port? We also enjoy visiting old historic towns and villages walking around little stores, restaurants, etc. to experience the real feel of Italy.

Thanks for the map. The driver said these are too far from the port in Civitavecchia which kind of surprised us. We did find Monteverro vineyard near the village of Capalbio (southern Tuscany). Anyone ever visited this winery? Comments?

I'd think about another driver - I don't know how comfortable I'd be with someone who can't follow a simple map.

One of the wineries on the map is only 25 miles from the port: http://www.movimentoturismovino.it/it/cantine/lazio/761/azienda-vinicola-casale-cento-corvi/

The one you are looking at is a little further, about 35 miles.

• 4 weeks later...

Tuscany in the summer gets fairly congested so your driver may be right in that although the wineries aren't too far in distance it might take a while to get there, if you give yourself plenty of time however you should be ok, are you on the celebrity constellation by any chance?

ROFL after reading Euro cruiser's last post. Too funny and we totally agree. We would just add that although DW and I love wine and visiting wineries, the area around Rome and Civitavecchia is not one of our favorite wine regions. But cruisers are often forced to deal with the deck that is dealt (called port days).

Hank