Promise I am not trying to sound like a spoiled jerk...Oasis, cabana suite holder

First of all thank you so much for the comments and suggestions. A few comments stung a bit:( but in an open forum everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess in a way I feel like we are all so lucky to be able to cruise and so when we are all looking to plan the perfect vacation, details matter.

So as update...I was very kind when emailing with the concierge and explained that I would be happy to go on a wait list for a cabana. They emailed me back and now have a cabana that we can rent. I am very happy one opened up.

My advice, don't wait for them to email you two weeks before the cruise. They responded to me 16 days before sailing. Be nice and understanding and like always, you get more with kindness than with yelling or complaining.

We were able to get an overwater cabana at nellie's beach on our oasis cruise last month. Booked it online over a year before. Now you can only get nellie's cabanas on the ship thru excursion desk, first come. Good news is they added upgraded buffet at BB to our cabanas, even says it on website. They gave us gold wristbands to get thru BB gate. I think only the overwater cabanas had this, not regular beach cabanas at Nellies.

I would love to know the price now of the cabanas at BB....if they have gone up to $320,think I'll pass....

This is what I got from the concierge Standard cabana in Haiti is $175, hilltop is $225

We got beach #2. The price was $250

Cabana includes

• Private space to relax in luxury for 5-6 guests, complete with resort furniture and a fan

• A dedicated Cabana Attendant

• Complimentary bottled water

• Complimentary floating mats and snorkeling equipment

• Exclusive Barefoot Beach Club beverage menu (prices charged accordingly)

• Upgraded lunch at private BBQ facility

cabana.jpg.c7c4455be179025890ecd47c5a783cbf.jpg

We sailed Freedom in March....didn't stress about a Cabana....when we got to the beach that is right by the zipline/sled rides, there were more than 10 or so that no one had reserved. People were just asking the beach attendants to have one, and they were charged right on the spot....

[quote name='Allensfan']This is what I got from the concierge Standard cabana in Haiti is $175, hilltop is $225

We got beach #2. The price was $250

Cabana includes

• Private space to relax in luxury for 5-6 guests, complete with resort furniture and a fan
• A dedicated Cabana Attendant
• Complimentary bottled water
• Complimentary floating mats and snorkeling equipment
• Exclusive Barefoot Beach Club beverage menu (prices charged accordingly)
• Upgraded lunch at private BBQ facility[/QUOTE]

Can you report back on how you liked B2 cabana? Wonder if it has some shade from trees and if it is out of the way of foot traffic to water. That is the cabana I would choose if I get lucky in October.

Not to be a spoiler here, but this post brought back memories of a HAL cruise and renting a cabana.
I went thru a similar situation and ended up calling all of the executive offices, etc.,to be honest I cannot remember all of the details.
After much stress, aggravation and calls, I did get the cabana.
Well......when we got to the private beach it was too windy and the ship could not stop there for the day and we ended up having a sea day instead.
So my advice is don't stress, you never know.

Barb

[quote name='Allensfan']Thank you all! When I finally board this ship and everything is okay with flights, bags, room and we are good to go...I will be the one smiling, holding a big cocktail and taking a deep breath!!

LOL[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't worry ! They always hold one or two cabanas back, Just get to the C as soon as you get on. :) Edited by PLEIKU68

[quote name='PLEIKU68']Hey, don't worry ! They always hold one or two cabanas back, Just get to the C as soon as you get on. :)[/quote]
Post # 78 says they got a cabana!! It's all good..

[quote name='volunteer cruiser']Can you report back on how you liked B2 cabana? Wonder if it has some shade from trees and if it is out of the way of foot traffic to water. That is the cabana I would choose if I get lucky in October.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can help! :D The funny this is b2 was what I had 3 years ago. I was hoping to try a water cabana but THRILLED to even have one at all!

You are right next to the start of the hilltop. So on your left (if you are facing the ocean) you have the hillside. And to your right you have the path to go to the ocean. You are very close to the ocean's water but I think B1 is actually so close the ocean laps up right in front of you. On your left there are 3 (I think) hill top canbana's but they are so high up you have privacy. I liked this cabana a lot, close enough to the water but not on the water. When I went years ago I was with a girl friend that had a 4 year old child. So we didn't want to be too close to the water for safety reasons. Hope this helps.

[quote name='barbon2']Not to be a spoiler here, but this post brought back memories of a HAL cruise and renting a cabana.
I went thru a similar situation and ended up calling all of the executive offices, etc.,to be honest I cannot remember all of the details.
After much stress, aggravation and calls, I did get the cabana.
Well......when we got to the private beach it was too windy and the ship could not stop there for the day and we ended up having a sea day instead.
So my advice is don't stress, you never know.

Barb[/QUOTE]

Since RCI built a dock at Labadee, they have rarely, if ever, had to bypass that port because of weather conditions, so there is less reason to stress than if you were going to Coco Cay.

[quote name='wolfganghowell']Allensfan, who was the concierge that responded to you? I understand Israel is gone. ust wondering who it is since you said "she". Thanks!

and congrats on getting the cabana. :)[/QUOTE]

HI Wolf, and first thanks for being so kind to me. I was a bit stunned by a few of the posts :eek:

Here you go!

Nadia Escobar Paez and Allan Fajardo
Suite Concierge
Oasis of the Seas
Office: 29192
Email: [email]OA_Concierge02@rccl.com[/email]

[quote name='Allensfan']HI Wolf, and first thanks for being so kind to me. I was a bit stunned by a few of the posts :eek:

[/quote]
Unfortunately,there are always some who have to put in necessary comments.:rolleyes:

[quote name='wolfganghowell']I think Nadia was the Diamond Concierge on Navigator last fall. Seemed nice.

And you're more than welcome. I was stunned by some of them too! :rolleyes:

Have a great time - if you eat in Coastal Kitchen try to report back on the menus! :)[/QUOTE]

Different person. Nadja is on Navigator. She's usually in the DL but is in the CL when Ricardo is on vacation. Nadia is on Oasis in the Suite Lounge. Both are excellent!

[quote name='QE2_Fan']How do they stop non suite guests swimming at Barefoot Beach? Is there an electric fence with guard dogs patrolling it?! [emoji33][emoji44]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
If you do not have a gold wristband they will boot you out in a heartbeat. Saw it happen our last trip there. FWIW, we got a cabana without being in a suite or pinnacle. Just luck if the draw. This was on Freedom though. Less suites

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[quote name='ccletzgo']this is just crazy. tues the 14th I purchased a cabana on nellies for $295.75 through my on line cruise planner. Now they have gone up again! $320!:eek:[/QUOTE]
It's like the hot lanes in Atlanta, as more people use them, the price goes up

[quote name='mark22mac']Don't know about BB yet my cruise is in sept waiting to talk to concierge but my cruise planner has nellies at $320.[/QUOTE]
BB is cheaper than Nellies

We rented the Day Bed in Haiti and it was great. It had all of the perks of the cabanas (except for the upgraded buffet) and it was worth every penny. However, you can not reserve one in advance, you have to go directly to the Excursion Desk when you board.

We sailed Liberty back in April and had booked a cabana on nellies beach 9mo before sailing, we got the last one! The family that was in the canana next to us was on a wait list and got the cabana that morning. So there is hope, if you can't book one onboard. Plus, you will still be able to enjoy the special buffet as a suite member. Edited by hardingk

[quote name='John&LaLa']BB is cheaper than Nellies

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks John yea I saw the op got his otw for $250 reg ones were $175 and $225. I'll email concierge a few weeks out.

[quote name='dfeatherston']We rented the Day Bed in Haiti and it was great. It had all of the perks of the cabanas (except for the upgraded buffet) and it was worth every penny. However, you can not reserve one in advance, you have to go directly to the Excursion Desk when you board.[/QUOTE]

i have already reserved the bed for our may cruise on line. maybe your cruise they sold out and then more opened once onboard