VIP Indoor Cruise Parking- Galveston

skylark131

We are sailing from Galveston on November 8th on Carnival Magic. I'm trying to find a decent option for parking. With 2 small boys who are rather impatient with waiting, I'm hoping to park close so we can just walk to and from the terminal to our car.

Has anyone ever used VIP Indoor cruise parking in Galveston? Their website says they're just 1 block from the terminal. They're a little more expensive than other places, but worth it for us if they have decent service and are reputable.

Looking for input before I pull the trigger and reserve our spot!

Thanks!

I think I've parked here. I parked in a garage where they closed the doors and locked them until the ship returns and it was right across the street from the terminal. It was good. We had issues with fog so the people on board were still parked in the garage and so we couldn't park until the debarked, which was about 9:30 that night. It's a small garage so it doesn't hold many cars. We were able to get to our car quickly after we left the ship. That was nice.

Galveston Park and Cruise is directly across the street from the terminal. I have used their covered parking three times.

I am not familiar with VIP Parking.

That's what I used. I knew VIP didn't sound familiar, but I thought maybe they changed their name.

We used VIP once when it was BOI Valet Parking. We really liked it because it is right on the corner by the red light. Since I have mobility issues it did save me some walking. We are probably going to use them on our next cruise.

Park N Cruise is great too. They are just a little further away. However if they are not too busy, you may be able to get a ride on their golf cart to the end of the street. It does help but the last time we used them there were too many people there and we weren't able to ride it.

I don't believe you can go wrong with either one of them.

VIP parking is the closest parking lot to the Carnival Magic port. It is a great spot and does not accommodate very many cars, but is locked tight. I have them booked again for our upcoming cruise. Galveston Cruise n Park entrance is just past VIP. They are good too if you can't get into VIP. Its just a little bit further of a walk. Minimal though when you consider how close they all are to the ship. Galveston CnP has indoor and outdoor parking which is locked up also. VIP only has indoor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know what hours of operation there are for the Galveston Park & Cruise Indoor Parking? Is it 24 hour access to the indoor garage as well? We have a reservation with them for indoor parking in January but we are wanting to know how early we can go and park because we like to come and watch the ships come into the harbor early in the morning.

I have an email sent to the info from the website and tried calling the number but it's a voicemail. And I don't see any information about that on their website.

I don't know the exact hours of operation for Galveston Park n Cruise, but it is not a 24 hour operation, and is a gated lot that is very long and narrow and consists of a number of small older mostly brick warehouse type buildings along with the small outdoor parking lots between each. So access particularly to indoor parking will often depend on people from the previous cruise leaving first as the cars tend to be packed in like sardines (packing in cars from 4 and 5 day cruises so they are blocking in cars from longer cruises). In the past they have been very good with email questions I have sent, so hopefully will get back with you soon. I suspect they may let you park in their outdoor area earlier then move your car to an indoor space before you board your ship.

Does anyone know what hours of operation there are for the Galveston Park & Cruise Indoor Parking? Is it 24 hour access to the indoor garage as well? We have a reservation with them for indoor parking in January but we are wanting to know how early we can go and park because we like to come and watch the ships come into the harbor early in the morning.

I have an email sent to the info from the website and tried calling the number but it's a voicemail. And I don't see any information about that on their website.

I would imagine they will open up in time for disembarkation of the ship as they need to empty the spots so that the vehicles for the next cruise can come in. Last cruise we got there around 9:30 if I remember correctly and they quite open and busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread! I was also wondering about Park N Cruise, and their operating hours. I've fired off an email to them, asking about their hours as well as, do disembarking passengers need to move their vehicles before embarking passengers can park? If so, I can't see "making" our embarkation time of 10:30am, no?

Thank you for this thread! I was also wondering about Park N Cruise, and their operating hours. I've fired off an email to them, asking about their hours as well as, do disembarking passengers need to move their vehicles before embarking passengers can park? If so, I can't see "making" our embarkation time of 10:30am, no?

Yes you will have to wait for the other passengers to leave. However they will have to be off the ship before you can board so it should work out for you. When we had fog one year we arrived around 11:30 but the ship was not allowed to come into the harbor. The parking garage was full so we couldn't park our car until they let everyone off of the ship, which ended up being about 9:30 that night. We didn't board until midnight.

• 11 months later...

It would appear that Park N Cruise and VIP are the same company, but charge different prices.

Also, when attempting to reserve under the RCCL ship it shows the inventory for my date of travel is not loaded. But if you select the Carnival ship, the date is loaded.