Price Drop and dining reservations

Educators2

We are about 85 days out of our cruise. I already made dining reservations for the dining package that is included with our fare. I just noticed that our cabin price dropped $110 per person.

I want to keep the room and the dining reservations. I know the NCL computers might erase the reservations if I have my travel agent ask for the price change.

How do I go about keeping the room and the dining reservations?

Thanks.

Susan

We are about 85 days out of our cruise. I already made dining reservations for the dining package that is included with our fare. I just noticed that our cabin price dropped $110 per person.

I want to keep the room and the dining reservations. I know the NCL computers might erase the reservations if I have my travel agent ask for the price change.

How do I go about keeping the room and the dining reservations?

Thanks.

Susan

$110 is probably less than the dinning benefit so no reason to do anything, right? Now if you see a $500 drop in the next few 2 months THEN you might want to re-evaluate

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I still have the UDP but I made my dinner reservations at 90 days out. I don't want to lose the dining times and bookings. Is there anything I have to do to make sure I keep the same room and dining times. I am entitled to the price drop since final payment is about ten days from now.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I still have the UDP but I made my dinner reservations at 90 days out. I don't want to lose the dining times and bookings. Is there anything I have to do to make sure I keep the same room and dining times. I am entitled to the price drop since final payment is about ten days from now.

Not a punitive statement toward you but more against NCL because I've seen several people in the same boat (pun intended) as you. So much for "freestyle dining" that NCL advertises yet due to the way it works, people stress over reservations and schedules months ahead of sailing. When I hear "freestyle" I'm thinking "go with the flow, no pressure, etc" but, again, since the way it works "forces" people to get reservation as soon as they can if they want to ensure spots at certain spots at certain times -- which, in effect, is anything except "freestyle" at that point.

There is no "entitled" to any price drop after you book. The price guaranty is for the first 48 hours after booking. NCL is very good about giving price adjustments before final payment, but at times you must cancel and rebook to get them. That sometimes causes you to lose your original "perks" and rebook with the current ones. There is also the very slim chance you lose your room and get assigned another one.

Not a punitive statement toward you but more against NCL because I've seen several people in the same boat (pun intended) as you. So much for "freestyle dining" that NCL advertises yet due to the way it works, people stress over reservations and schedules months ahead of sailing. When I hear "freestyle" I'm thinking "go with the flow, no pressure, etc" but, again, since the way it works "forces" people to get reservation as soon as they can if they want to ensure spots at certain spots at certain times -- which, in effect, is anything except "freestyle" at that point.

In all of our cruises with NCL, we have never once pre booked dining or entertainment. We have always received the times and places we wanted. Once or twice we might have had to adjust by 15 minutes but that's all. Only 25-30% of all slots are available for pre booking. All the rest are saved for onboard bookings.

I don't get it either... say you're not going to be on a cruise three months from now, do you know where & at what time you want to have dinner that night?

On each of our past cruises, we enjoyed a couple of the specialty restaurants, but we waited until embarkation day to make any of the reservations and we had no problems what-so-ever in getting the day & time that we wanted. :cool:

When I hear "freestyle" I'm thinking - eat where you want, when you want and that is why I make reservations, because I want to eat when I want to. There is no pressure or stress for me. It is different for everyone, it's what floats your boat. If you want to make reservations you can and if you don't want to make reservations, no one is forcing you to....that is "freestyle" to me!

When I hear "freestyle" I'm thinking - eat where you want, when you want and that is why I make reservations, because I want to eat when I want to. There is no pressure or stress for me. It is different for everyone, it's what floats your boat. If you want to make reservations you can and if you don't want to make reservations, no one is forcing you to....that is "freestyle" to me!

If you have to make reservations, it's not free style -- period. Also, for new comers, like myself, need to "gamble" and place reservations on restos we've never eaten at.

If you have to make reservations, it's not free style -- period. Also, for new comers, like myself, need to "gamble" and place reservations on restos we've never eaten at.
Sure it is, "freestyle" is eat where you want, when you want. I always know what time I want to eat, thus I can make reservations for that time. Some like to wing it and that is the beauty of it, we can all do what we want and interpret "freestyle" the way we want. Edited by NLH Arizona