Wrong price shown

cmukid87

I just tried to look up bookings for Journey's cruises and I was surprised to see $50 per person for interior on select bookings. I went through the booking process but the price jumped to the regular price.

Does anyone else show this? Is this a promotion rate for some VIFP members right now? I know I had the opportunity to book select Journey's cruises for $75/person with $150 OBC for the stateroom, essentially making the cruise free, except for port fees & taxes.

I just tried to look up bookings for Journey's cruises and I was surprised to see $50 per person for interior on select bookings. I went through the booking process but the price jumped to the regular price.

Does anyone else show this? Is this a promotion rate for some VIFP members right now? I know I had the opportunity to book select Journey's cruises for $75/person with $150 OBC for the stateroom, essentially making the cruise free, except for port fees & taxes.

I have seen posts on this board in the past where people stated they received offers for a free cruise for the Journeys cruises. Call Carnival or your PVP and ask. Good luck.

When I have had free cruise offers in the past it does show up as $50 while searching. And then you get that back as onboard credit. The $50 is basically a deposit returned to your onboard.

I have seen posts on this board in the past where people stated they received offers for a free cruise for the Journeys cruises. Call Carnival or your PVP and ask. Good luck.

When I have had free cruise offers in the past it does show up as $50 while searching. And then you get that back as onboard credit. The $50 is basically a deposit returned to your onboard.

I guess I should have been more specific. In June i had the "free" offer for $75/person Journeys cruises with $150 OBC. I just couldn't book it. Every couple of days I just check prices for fun and I saw the $50/person. I'm wondering if others actually have this offer and it showed up on the search by accident for me.

Next time that happens, take a screen pic before you begin the booking process. If the prices jump again, call a PVP and email her the screen shot pic. My friend did that once and they honored the price!

Can't hurt to try!

- Cindy

Next time that happens, take a screen pic before you begin the booking process. If the prices jump again, call a PVP and email her the screen shot pic. My friend did that once and they honored the price!

Can't hurt to try!

- Cindy

Hmm...very interesting. With the way Carnival seems to be trending, it might be a real long shot but I'll keep that in mind.

I guess I should have been more specific. In June i had the "free" offer for $75/person Journeys cruises with $150 OBC. I just couldn't book it. Every couple of days I just check prices for fun and I saw the $50/person. I'm wondering if others actually have this offer and it showed up on the search by accident for me.

Yes, we also have that offer. There are only a small number of cabins and categories available per ship and sail date. If the price jumps when you do the booking online then they are probably sold out on that cruise. We booked our cruise as soon as we got the offer.

The journeys trips deal expired

This is a different offer. It's 3 day cruises up to 10/11 day journey cruises. Starts @ $25 pp + tax & port fees for 3, 4 & 5 day cruises with $50 OBC or $50 pp +plus tax & port fees with $100 OBC for 6 day and up. Dates are available through February 2016. We booked a 7 day on the Miracle for $315 total for two with $100 OBC,

We could have booked the Journey cruise on the Miracle for the end of January 2016 but we have a prior commitment.

Edited by welldone60

A few days late but my experience and what I figured out...

I was exploring cruises in Sept for 4 people. I put in 4 people and my port/date choices and started looking. I saw some AWESOME prices and clicked book to do a mock booking. At the step where I put how many staterooms and how many in each room, the number almost doubled! I called and found out that when I had originally put 4 people, it assumes 4 people and one stateroom which is why the price was lower. Then once I change to two staterooms and select 2 in each room, the price changes.

All that to say that it was showing me different prices because the site assumed I was going to have 4 people in one room with bunks (not going to happen), but yah that was my issue. it sure was misleading when we got all excited about the rates and went to book and then saw the real rates!