Splendor room location - Help me decide!

HawksFan74

Our family of 3 will be on Splendor this December. We are currently booked in room 8381, an 8D balcony on the starboard side, about halfway between the mid and aft elevators. This cabin is located under the buffet area, which may not be 100% silent, but I wouldn't expect it to be as noisy as being under say the pool deck or the main galley.

Today, I noticed that room 9266 became available. This cabin is also an 8D on the port side of deck 9 (Lido), adjacent to the forward elevators. There are cabins above and below, so noise shouldn't be an issue. I like the idea of being on Lido deck, but not sure how I feel about being that far forward. It seems like our current cabin might be more centrally located.

Since both cabins are the same room category, I assume I should be able to call my PVP and switch at no extra charge. Which cabin would you choose and why?

We have sailed Splendor a week and a half ago. Was a great cruise.

I would stick with deck 8.

Deck 9 is the Lido deck with the pool and always seems to have more activity around the elevators. Its the main drag next to deck 5

If you see a deal on deck 7, take that. Thats the best deck

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

Our family of 3 will be on Splendor this December. We are currently booked in room 8381, an 8D balcony on the starboard side, about halfway between the mid and aft elevators. This cabin is located under the buffet area, which may not be 100% silent, but I wouldn't expect it to be as noisy as being under say the pool deck or the main galley.

Today, I noticed that room 9266 became available. This cabin is also an 8D on the port side of deck 9 (Lido), adjacent to the forward elevators. There are cabins above and below, so noise shouldn't be an issue. I like the idea of being on Lido deck, but not sure how I feel about being that far forward. It seems like our current cabin might be more centrally located.

Since both cabins are the same room category, I assume I should be able to call my PVP and switch at no extra charge. Which cabin would you choose and why?

8381 is a great location. I've stayed in that area 5X on Splendor and had the same cabin steward 3 cruises in a row. No noise and centrally located (at least for me).

Good choice.

I had a spa cabin on deck 10 last time I was on the splendor. Being towards the front was great, not much motion, very little noise due to the spa being nearby, and its nice to run to the lido bars and back to the room for quick drink runs.

We stayed in 9266 and loved the location. It was quiet even with elevators and foot traffic and we liked being close to the lido area and elevators. I would definitely take that cabin if possible. For our last cruise it was already taken and we definitely missed having that cabin.

Edited by 092306