2 Dream Questions

#1 We'll have a Cove Balcony and my husband's best friend and his wife have one next door to us. Do the balcony divider doors open so we can visit with them while we're out there?

#2 Are the coins easier to find on Dream than on other ships? Please don't tell me where they are. I just need to know if it's going to take forever to find them! :)

Thanks!

#1 We'll have a Cove Balcony and my husband's best friend and his wife have one next door to us. Do the balcony divider doors open so we can visit with them while we're out there?Some do some don't. If you share your stateroom number someone that has access will probably look it us for you.

#2 Are the coins easier to find on Dream than on other ships? Please don't tell me where they are. I just need to know if it's going to take forever to find them! :)

Yes, I think they are because it has become a quest

Thanks!

You will like having to "large" balcony if you can open them.

Edited by springs741

On Dream, balcony cabins 2396 and 2400 dividers do connect. For the source on this info, Google "Carnival Dream goccl" click to open the document. Then click Cabin Descriptions, then Deck 2. Find your cabins in the list--lots of good info on those document pages.

On Dream, balcony cabins 2396 and 2400 dividers do connect. For the source on this info, Google "Carnival Dream goccl" click to open the document. Then click Cabin Descriptions, then Deck 2. Find your cabins in the list--lots of good info on those document pages.

Fantastic! Thanks so much. I'll go to that site and see what else I can learn. This is great!!!

Are the coins easier to find on Dream than on other ships?

Please don't tell me where they are.

I just need to know if it's going to take forever to find them! :)

Thanks!

Hi KBCruiselover :)

The ship's coin on the Dream is not too difficult to locate. Especially if you have found others in the past.

Happy hunting, and have a wonderful, safe voyage!!

Screenshot_2015-07-18-07-19-52-1_zpsahujfff7.png

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Can you please clarify this "site"? I googled it...took me to a website that looks like it is for travel agents? But there was no "document" to open nor could I find cabin descriptions.

Can you please clarify this "site"? I googled it...took me to a website that looks like it is for travel agents? But there was no "document" to open nor could I find cabin descriptions.

Hi BopRN :)

I can help you in regards to your question. I'll drop the link below.

Carnival Dream:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/left.htm

Also, when in a search engine such as Google, you can type into the search:

Goccl Breeze

Goccl Splendor

Goccl Pride

Goccl Cheers package

Goccl Faster To The Fun

Goccl Camp Carnival

Goccl Seuss At Sea

Goccl Food

Goccl Smoking Policy

And so on and so on....

Have a great day!

Edited by PortSideCruzan

The ship's coin on the Dream is not too difficult to locate. Especially if you have found others in the past.

I'll be so excited to start searching! I really enjoy this part of the cruise. On Sunshine, they were no where near what I read on CC but Jaime Dee told me the general direction to start and it was so fun. I told the people about it at our table at dinner and they had never heard about the coins. The next night they were so happy to tell us that they too found them and plan to keep finding them on all future curises. Thanks for letting me know!!!

This is some of the BEST cruise 411 that I've seen in a long time!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I've been away from Carnival for quite a few years and coming back in February sailing Dream. Don't know anything about coins. How many are there on Dream? Is this the coin that is embedded during christening or something?

Yes....the coins are welded on the ship before the first sailing. I think in the "olden days" they were installed somewhere that wasn't seen after the ship was completed but now that they have become a novelty, they are displayed where we enjoy the "game" of finding them.

I made pictures of the ones on Elation on two different cruises and it was shocking how they changed over time.

This was posted on the Carnival Funville website - - -

"The ship was blessed for safe travels for all crew and guests that will sail with her; a champagne bottle was broken and the ship was gifted with a very special coin. According to the shipyard staff there is a centuries old tradition that calls for every ship to carry a lucky coin. The coin is welded to the hull of the ship and has to happen before the ship can touch water. "

• 2 months later...
We are in 2400 for our first cruise on April 17th. Please let me know if it is noisy being below the galley. I can't wait.

Loved the Cove!!! The only issue was the noise from the galley/dining room. It was usually noisy until 11:00ish at night and then started again at around 4:15 every morning. My sound machine helped some. Our friends next door to us had more problems with the screaming brats (kids AND parents) than they did the galley! We did have the steward open the divider so the cove felt really big.

The view was awesome. Even tho the lifeboats were above us, they weren't a problem at all. I was able to get lots of amazing moon pictures from there.

It was really great to be out there as we passed Elation in the Mississippi River. The most fun was hearing people on both ships cheer when we were side by side.

I F O U N D I T ! ! ! ! ! Thanks so much for your help. The only sad thing is that the glass is broken now but the coin is still very visible. I love the looks I get from people who don't have a clue what I'm making pictures of. I'm not crazy....just having a lot of fun!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Download a "white noise" app to your phone. We sailed with friends who were in a cove balcony and they loved it. They were a few cabins away from being under the galley and never complained of noise.

When we did the Chef's Table I noticed signs all over the galley reminding staff there were cabins below and they told us they limit galley work in certain area at certain times.

I can't say about your cabins but I noticed our friends dividers did not open. It was because the water tight doors are folded back that they close over your door and window during rough seas. I would think that would apply to all cove cabins but maybe not.