Chef's table on Oasis

From a June 15, 2015, posting:

Oasis used to have an excellent venue (for the Chef's Table) in the upper area of the concierge lounge. This was relocated to a 'prime table' in the suite lounge on recent sailings and it may happen that they will not offer the Chef's Table on Oasis by the time of your sailing.

On Quantum RCI took away the chef from the Chef's Table. It was formally re-branded to the 'Prime Table' on Anthem. It is unclear how this will effect the Chef's Table fleet-wide at the moment.

Thus they may have either a Chef's Table or a Prime Table on deck 17 when you sail.

As far as Wonderland, Oasis does not have this restaurant. As you seem to already know, the old Concierge Lounge on deck 11/12 was to be converted to Wonderland during last years drydock. It was instead repurposed back into the Diamond Lounge. Although the Harmony of the Seas will have Wonderland Restaurant at this location (Diamond Lounge being moved to deck four), I doubt that Oasis will get a Wonderland for the next four years. Who knows what will happen then during its next dry dock, I sure don't.

Edited by Tagsalong

Thanks so much for the info. We have done CT 3 times, and it was one of the highlights of each cruise. Last time on Oasis, Nov 14, after drydock, they were supposedly building out Wonderland. Obviously that never happened.

Previous CT on Oasis was in the Concierge Lounge. Looking forward to Nov 28 on Oasis, then next year on Harmony.

I am currently on the Oasis and had dinner at the Chefs Table last night. It is located in the Viking Crown between the Suites Lounge side and the Coastal Kitchen side.

Was the Chef's Table as good as usual? We had friends on Freedom last Nov. and they did what they called "Chef's Table," but they had 26 people and they said the Chef never came out. Every Chef's Table we've done has been limited to 12-14 people.

Does anyone know if they have resumed Chef's Table on Oasis ? Also have they opened Wonderland, or just scrapped that project too. November cruisers want to know.

I called RCCL about this on our cruise (Nov. 28). They said Chef's Table would not be available :(

Edited by alocsin

Was the Chef's Table as good as usual? We had friends on Freedom last Nov. and they did what they called "Chef's Table," but they had 26 people and they said the Chef never came out. Every Chef's Table we've done has been limited to 12-14 people.

YES...wonderful.

The table seats 14 BUT we only had 6 people including us.

BOTH the chef and the sommelier covered each course. The other two couples were similar to us and it was as if we were old friends.

We have done many Chef Tables and this one was our FAVORITE on many levels!!!

YES...wonderful.

The table seats 14 BUT we only had 6 people including us.

BOTH the chef and the sommelier covered each course. The other two couples were similar to us and it was as if we were old friends.

We have done many Chef Tables and this one was our FAVORITE on many levels!!!

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. :)

I called RCCL about this on our cruise (Nov. 28). They said Chef's Table would not be available :(

So can anyone confirm that it will be discontinued? Or will it just not be offered for your 11/28 sailing? Someone posted that on the evening they participated in the dinner only 6 were at the table (table of 14).

I am currently on the Oasis and had dinner at the Chefs Table last night. It is located in the Viking Crown between the Suites Lounge side and the Coastal Kitchen side.

What was the per person surcharge for the dinner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here we are a year after the last post on this subject but still thought I would comment. . .yes, you can book the Chef's table prior to your sail date just as you can make other dining reservations. We sail on the Oasis on December 11th and I just reserved spots for a party of four for the 3rd night of our cruise. It looks like it is offered every night. I had to pay for all 4 of us at the time I made our reservation ($380 total - $95 per person). It's great that you can reserve as on Princess it is first come first serve after boarding the ship for reservations making it nearly impossible to get a spot.