How Do You Keep Things Cold in Your Cabin?

absolutonrox

I purchased the reduced price bottled water for our upcoming Pride cruise in August. I'm wondering how people that bring their own water/soda or purchase it in "bulk" from the cruise line keep it cold in your stateroom. Can you request like a mini fridge or something? Do you bring a cooler with you, and if so how do you keep it full of ice? Thanks in advance!

You can bring a cooler (no larger than 12"X12"X12") and ask your cabin steward to keep it filled with ice. Or you can go to one of the bars and ask for a bucket of ice. The room steward can keep it filled on a daily basis. The bucket will sweat so you may want to keep it in the bathroom sink or on the shower floor.

Some cabins may have 'mini' fridges, but they don't keep things really cold.

Edited by tandemcruzr

I have a tall collapsible cooler that packs flat. I then have my cabin steward fill it when necessary.

Oh, I didn't even think of one of those! I even have one already! I'll probably also use it for transporting beer to HMC. I think we're gonna get Cheers!, order a couple every 5 min before we head over and not have to worry about buying drinks there. That is, assuming they have the 16oz aluminum cans on Carnival like the do on RCCL, and that the'll give you the cap with it.

I take the stuff CCL has in the fridge out and I put our drinks in there.

Its only a 12 pk of ginger ale though and 12 waters.

Plus we get fresh ice like twice a day for the room

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

So there are fridges in the room? Is this all Carnival ships and room categories, or just certain ones?

every cruise we go on have fridges in the cabin. No idea which ships dont have em. You would have to ask CCL.

Always though it was standard.

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

So there are fridges in the room? Is this all Carnival ships and room categories, or just certain ones?

Yes, they are there to serve as mini-bars, but that does not stop people from taking everything out and making it their personal refrigerator.

I won't drink anything out of them anymore. WHo knows how many times that beer or soda has been removed and sat out and put back in and sat out and put back in and sat out and put back in and sat out.

Edited by 9035768

Not every cabin on every Carnival ship has a fridge.

I found this on another post:

Ships equipped with mini-bars are:

CARNIVAL BREEZE

CARNIVAL CONQUEST

CARNIVAL DREAM

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

CARNIVAL GLORY

CARNIVAL LEGEND

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

CARNIVAL MAGIC

CARNIVAL MIRACLE

CARNIVAL PRIDE

CARNIVAL SPIRIT

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

CARNIVAL VALOR

Edited by hartsnvt

We get a bucket of beer on the Lido deck and bring the bucket back to our cabin. Our cabin stewards keep it filled with ice (only once have we had to even ask) and often will put a couple of waters and on of my Diet Cokes on ice for us. :) It works for us. I don't put it in the sink in the restroom, but rather put a folded towel under it on the vanity.

I think only the high end cabins have fridges on the Sunshine..

Not 100% sure

The suites have them and I believe the new cabins that were added when they refurbished the Destiny to make it the Sunshine.

I purchased the reduced price bottled water for our upcoming Pride cruise in August. I'm wondering how people that bring their own water/soda or purchase it in "bulk" from the cruise line keep it cold in your stateroom. Can you request like a mini fridge or something? Do you bring a cooler with you, and if so how do you keep it full of ice? Thanks in advance!

Since your sailing On the Pride, you will have a fridge in the room

If you have a mini fridge then you will want to have it cleared out before you board. You can add notes to your booking for this purchase. Keep in mind that the fridge is not very cold. Definitely have that collapsible cooler filled with ice daily so your drinks are actually cold!

On our recent Glory cruise, we brought our collapsible cooler and the room steward kept it filled with ice the whole time. There was a small fridge in our room but it really doesn't keep the drinks very cold.

Edited by smurfm69