Booking on board- ya another question.

We booked on board the Nos this past April with the new system. We paid $100 per cabin for 2 cabins for a cruise in 2017. We found out our wives school break is a week later, now I know we can switch to the next week on the Jewel but we like the itinerary and the perks on the Celebrity summit. Does anyone know if we would be able to switch to Celebrity? I know its a long shot, but just wondering....

We booked on board the Nos this past April with the new system. We paid $100 per cabin for 2 cabins for a cruise in 2017. We found out our wives school break is a week later, now I know we can switch to the next week on the Jewel but we like the itinerary and the perks on the Celebrity summit. Does anyone know if we would be able to switch to Celebrity? I know its a long shot, but just wondering....

I've heard of people being able to switch, I'd call C&A and plead your case.

Thx Bob! We will try our hardest. For $400 more total we would get prepaid tips, $300 obc and 2 drink packages. Definitely worth it. Plus a better itinerary

Worst case you might have to cancel the Royal cruise, and lose your OBC from booking on board, but it sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal from Celebrity.

Worst case you might have to cancel the Royal cruise, and lose your OBC from booking on board, but it sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal from Celebrity.

Ya we thought about that too except we wouldn't cancel, just move that to another rccl cruise later and just book the celebrity outright. They have 50% deposit so we wouldn't be shelling out a ton of money. Still be nicer to just transfer it though

I did this last year, moving a Celebrity onboard booking to an RCCL cruise. The only issue was the obc had to be recalculated down because RCCL's is lower. Don't be surprised if they keep your obc the same and NOT increase it for Celebrity. You didn't book onboard a Celebrity ship, so they may not give you the higher amount (if it would have been higher).

I did this last year, moving a Celebrity onboard booking to an RCCL cruise. The only issue was the obc had to be recalculated down because RCCL's is lower. Don't be surprised if they keep your obc the same and NOT increase it for Celebrity. You didn't book onboard a Celebrity ship, so they may not give you the higher amount (if it would have been higher).

Thanks for the info. I called my T/A today, we have 5 cabins so he said he should know by tomorrow. Got my fingers crossed :D