Thisclose to booking the Dawn

Fam of 5

After reading so much about the Dawn, I think I'm ready to book. DH & 3 DD's for Late July 2006. My question is can the 5 of us book one cabin? As much as I would love the garden villa it's not in the budget. I know with one bath it could be tricky, but we usually survive in a cottage for a week or two with only one. Ages at sailing 16,15 & 11. I'm doing this more for the ship than the itenary. GSC (if we make it) sounds like fun, overnight in Nassua is not the best, but as I see it we can stay pretty occupied on the ship. Any thoughts on the best cabin or if adjoining cabins would be better? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Well, let's see........ An "AB" is very nice, but, there would not be enough sleeping accomodations.

So, I think your best bet would be to get two side-by-side, adjoining cabin's. Either "AF's" on Deck 11 (they are a bit more spacious.....but a bit more $$$) or balcony's on Deck 10 or 9. Which ever $$$ amount you are OK with and comfortable with.

That way, your girls will have THEIR space and their OWN bathroom and you will have YOUR'S!!!:D

All you say when you are booking your cruise (if the girls are under 18) is that one parent will be sleeping in each room. BUT, when you ACTUALLY get onboard, there are NO bed checks, you just sleep any way you want. It just allows you to "follow the rules"......;)

I KNOW you WILL have lots of fun on your Dawn cruise, we did!!! Have a GREAT time planning your trip!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

You are right, that tiny room could sleep three, BUT, it would be super tight!!! My one 12 year old daughter took up most of the bed (it is kind of like a double, kind of....) and she is NOT a big girl, just tall and skinny.....

Personally, Fam of 5, has three TEENAGE girls, that will be a VERY, VERY, VERY tight squeeze in that teeny, tiny room!!!

We will be back on the Dawn next February, in an "AB", and my DD's friend IS a big girl, so we are going to ask that the sofa be removed and a cot brought in (yes, that CAN be done, other poster's have mentioned it). Because both girls REFUSE to sleep in a bunk bed!!!:rolleyes:

An "AB" has such fabulous perks. BUT, I think that with three teenage girls, their OWN cabin would work out much better, in my opinion.....

THEN AGAIN, Fam of 5, you could stay in an "AB", one girl in the bed, one girl in the bunk and one girl on a cot (roll-away-bed), which would probably cost what two cabin's would cost AND you would GET ALL THE PERK'S!!!:) I KNOW your daughter's would LOVE THAT!!! AND of course you would to..!!!

Try that out, get prices for two balcony cabin's (AF's or lower) and compare the prices. Even if an AB is a bit more, I would GO FOR IT!!! You will LOVE IT!!

An AB cabin is simply MARVELOUS!!!!:) And so is the Dawn!!!

Good luck!! Keep us updated on what you do, please.....

Suesan:) :)

That I don't know...... Do you have an NCL credit card? The point system is GREAT!!! For my cruise next February we will be using $1500 worth of points!! That makes me VERY HAPPY!!!:D

You could also think about getting an AB and an adjoining AF, PLENTY of room for EVERYBODY!!! And you get the best of ALL worlds!! Your daughters will be part of your AB perks too!!:)

Good Luck!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

We had 4 people in an AB cabin on the Dawn this August and we were VERY comfortable. My parents were in a mini suite right next door and spent a lot of time in our cabin as well. We never felt crowded. The AB suite is the way to go if you want to put 5 comfortably in a cabin. Otherwise booking connecting cabins is your only option.

BTW....the AB was absolutely beautiful! I still miss the master bathroom.

Do you think if I book the AB with the new latitudes perks, I'll be upgraded to a Garden Villa (LOL) . I think you're right, the girls will love the perks and so will we. It's not that often we get to be spoiled.

According to an article in NY Post just this past Tuesday, NCL books the Dawn's Garden Villa on 95% of its cruises and will not upgrade during the few cruises it's not booked. They would rather sail with it empty than upgrade. Try for connecting cabins.

According to an article in NY Post just this past Tuesday, NCL books the Dawn's Garden Villa on 95% of its cruises and will not upgrade during the few cruises it's not booked. They would rather sail with it empty than upgrade. Try for connecting cabins.

Thanks, I was really only kidding about the upgrade. I guess my humor didn't show up in my typing. I'm actually looking to hit the lottery so I can make sure they won't sail with an empty Graden Villa (again just a joke).

Thanks, I was really only kidding about the upgrade. I guess my humor didn't show up in my typing. I'm actually looking to hit the lottery so I can make sure they won't sail with an empty Graden Villa (again just a joke).

Was pretty sure you were kidding, but I'd seen the question of upgrade to Garden Villa posted on another thread and thought I'd throw my two cents in ;).

I actually did get a call from my TA about 30 days before sailing in August offering us the Garden Villa for $2000 more than what we payed for an AB. Unfortunately I debated a few minutes too long to respond and someone booked it for $30,000 so it was taken out from under us <sigh>

You can get family specials on the Dawn (and a few of the other newer NCL ships). They don't really publish it but I verified that the Dawn DOES offer these deals:

Buy any Suite in categories AA, AB, AC, AD or AE and get 50% off an Inside Stateroom on the same deck.

Buy a Penthouse Suite (AB) and take 25% off the connecting Mini-Suite (AF)

Buy an Owner's Suite (AA) and the connecting Penthouse Suite (AC), and get the connecting Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (BB or BC) for free!

Buy an Owner's Suite (AA) and get 50% off the connecting Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (BB or BC).

Buy an Owner's Suite (AA) and take 25% off the connecting Penthouse Suite (AC).

I'd rather have a couple of bathrooms for that many people.

Good luck!

WOW, Thanks CS, Will my TA be able to get these or should I book direct with NCL. That's a great savings.

I'd talk to your TA first. These are called "Family Rates" in case he/she isn't aware of it.

Archived