New to Costa-Suite Question

louallard

Good Morning

Just wanted to know if someone could tell me what "perks" you get

when you reserve a suite on Costa?

Looking for a new cruise exprerience.

Thanks

Lou

a few of the 'perks'... robes and slippers ( you get to keep the slippers).. prority embarkation and debarkation, dinner at the specialty restaurant, bottle of champagne, daily hor'sdouvres delivered to cabin prior to dinner.. private cocktail hour meeting with the captain, just for suite pax... your own butler to make your res and shore excursion appointments and serve drinks.. anything from room service from regular menu.. dinner can be served in cabin by your butler....those are the perks we received last year in a suite on board the mediterannea.. in fact cruising her again on dec. 4 ..

Yes you do get to board earlier, when you arrive at the port just find a Costa rep who will take you past all the people waiting in line to the front where you will have your photos and then go through Customs and onto the ship. The same goes for diswembarkation when you meet up in a private lounge and get off first - perfect for catching that earlier flight.

When we went Costa last year it was a quick turnaround and they wanted everyone off by 11.30 so they could let the new cruisers on, so it was better for us with the kids to get off earlier and head to the airport without the crowds searching for their cases at the port. We got to the airport and happily got pushed onto an earlier flight which was great.

We were lucky to sail on the Costa Atlantica last summer and had a junior suite, it was beautiful inside, leather sofa, murano glass lamps, marble counter tops, double sinks and a bath tub with spa, a seperate vanity area, loads of storage and of course all of the perks that the previous post mentioned. Our butler was great too. No waiting in line to book excursions etc, he took care of it all.

We thought that this year we would do a junior suite again only we would try RCI, in our haste to get our cruise booked we mistakingly assumed that all cruise lines suite perks were similar. WRONG ! boy have we had a shock, we will have little or no perks at all with RCI, but the itinerary etc suits us ok so we will stick with it this time. But in future I really think Costa will get our custom for future cruises. I am looking forward to trying RCI, but am disappointd in the lack of perks in our suite. I guess Costa has spoiled us.

We enjoyed every minute of our cruise on the Atlantica and I am sure you will love your Costa cruise/suite just as much as we did.

Enjoy.

happycruzer

We were lucky to sail on the Costa Atlantica last summer and had a junior suite, it was beautiful inside, leather sofa, murano glass lamps, marble counter tops, double sinks and a bath tub with spa, a seperate vanity area, loads of storage and of course all of the perks that the previous post mentioned. Our butler was great too. No waiting in line to book excursions etc, he took care of it all.

We thought that this year we would do a junior suite again only we would try RCI, in our haste to get our cruise booked we mistakingly assumed that all cruise lines suite perks were similar. WRONG ! boy have we had a shock, we will have little or no perks at all with RCI, but the itinerary etc suits us ok so we will stick with it this time. But in future I really think Costa will get our custom for future cruises. I am looking forward to trying RCI, but am disappointd in the lack of perks in our suite. I guess Costa has spoiled us.

We enjoyed every minute of our cruise on the Atlantica and I am sure you will love your Costa cruise/suite just as much as we did.

Enjoy.

happycruzer

if you are a Diamond member of RCI or stay in a suite on one of the newer ships there are many more perks than on Costa.. the Conceirge lounge on RCI entitles you to free drinks served in the lounge with horsdouvres, a lovely light breakfast is served also.. the conceirge will reserve all your dining and excursion tickets for you also.. some have internet for you to use.. free on board cell phones,, robes,, early embarkation and debarkation with a lounge to wait in..and a few more thrown in..

Archived