Getaway for tweens

pls5286

Our Sky cruise had a few issues that left a bad taste in our mouth, but after talking with NCL, we have decided to give another try. We have picked out the Getaway for April 2015. Our DD will have just turned 13. What types of activities will there be onboard for her to do? All of the recent reviews I have seen have been for the Eastern and we are going Western.

TIA!

Our Sky cruise had a few issues that left a bad taste in our mouth, but after talking with NCL, we have decided to give another try. We have picked out the Getaway for April 2015. Our DD will have just turned 13. What types of activities will there be onboard for her to do? All of the recent reviews I have seen have been for the Eastern and we are going Western.

TIA!

1. I hope you're going April 2016, otherwise I have some bad news for you.:(

2. Port won't have an impact on ship activities so the reviews still apply.

3. Read the dailies from the Getaway, there are many posted on the site. Also check NCL.com for description of the ship activities as there's a lot for teens, especially if DD is active.

4. Traveling with 13 nephew on Getaway in August he'll use sports court, water slides, ropes/climbing wall, mini golf, large chess set, ping pong, bowling, video games, teen club, etc.

Edited by Nola26
spelling

Make sure your DD goes to the get together the first night as that will be where they meet and make friends. Even if the kids don't go to the Entourage activities, they will meet up and do activities together.

Here is a link to a sample Entourage schedule and Freestyle Dailies:

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-getaway-daily-programs.html

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I second making your DD go the first night to meet people. Remind her they are all looking for friends too. Sure a few kids already have friends on board but most are with their families.

The teen club is open, kids come and go as they want. They have some scheduled activities but during the day its mostly come and go. No adults allowed.

The activities change each week based upon the ages and how many kids on ship. Our last spring break cruise (RCCL Quantum) they had 12-14 in one group and 15-17 in another because their were so many kids on board.

Most evenings they have a teen activities. My DD will eat dinner with us catch the show and then meet up with her friends whom I can only assume did the same thing with their parents.

A cruise ship is a small city and you have to have rules but its also a great way for them to spread their wings a little bit more than at home. I would never drop my DD off at a party that starts at 10pm and have her find her own way home like I do on ship.

I am not sure that going to the beyondships site showing the Entourage activities is up to date, it may be over a year old and activities and theme nights change. I found that the recent post # 129363 posted for May 2015 Dailies ( for Breakaway at least ) was VERY helpful, it seemed more recent and showed theme nights for the teens more current with what I would believe to be more RECENT iinformation, and each daily schedule each Freestyle Daily page was listed , a Real help , in that Entourage activities, for example, one night " jungle Rave night", one night Caribbean Night, they have a glow party just for them?? so I would not necessarily use the beyondships teen schedule unless it is current. We are going on Breakaway in 3 weeks, was hoping that someone could post the ENTOURAGE TEEN PROGRAM which is a weekly schedule from someone who sailed since May with a teenager to know if the above theme nights are pretty accurate, ? DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT THEY CAN SHARE OR POST to print. ??

We are leaving on the Breakaway this coming Sunday with our boys 14 and 11. I will try to post a copy of the schedule for Entourage while on the ship since we opted for the over priced unlimited wifi :) . The challenge for us is getting our older one to go since hes not into trying new things. Think of a child who for his first 2 years in elementary school had PB&J every day for lunch at school even though he had a very nice assortment of other lunch items to choose from.

Thank you Ryukinn88, that would help GREATLY if you could post the entourage schedule for the week, I am sure it would help others also.

it is funny you indicate about older one, not accepting change well. Husband got a new cell phone, but " this is a guy that doesn't even do " drive thru" at McDonald's, and we expect him to be able to use a new smartphone ??

OHHH, thank you so much ryunkin 88 , it is so helpful, you must be waiting for sail away as we speak, let us know how your teen like Entourage , if he made friends easily, etc. This will be our grandson's first cruise , and hope he will enjoy it.

thanks again for remembering us to forward the info

Appreciated your review , our grandson will be making his first cruise with his dad and us, his grandparents. Sometimes he is reluctant to do new things too, thinking that " they may be too " lame" to do. We got the weekly schedule for the teen entourage program showing several theme nights, can you tell us a little about a couple that were listed,

" Jungle Rave night ", ?? Caribbean night? , we presume the teens wear something tropical ? University night, what is that exactly. ?? Is it that they wear something from a local university that they are from ? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Grandson does have some " neon- glow stuff" as his 13th birthday this past January was a " glow party" . sure appreciate any input you can provide.

We just got back from a wonderful cruise on the BA. My older son (14) only went to Entourage a couple of times (with our insistence). He seemed to enjoy the Amazing Race game where 4 teams of 12 were sent all around the ship to decipher clues. Other than that, he would rather either hang out with us or stay in the cabin. It's tough trying to figure out whats going through a teen's mind. Hopefully you guys will have better luck in getting your teen to go and have fun with others their age.