Specialty Restaurant Reservations

NCHPcruiser

How difficult is it to get specialty restaurant reservations once onboard? On my other Celebrity cruises I was with my mother and sister who preferred to stick with Blu or the MDR. On this cruise (Med. cruise in September on the Reflection) I'll be with my husband and we plan to try several of the specialty restaurants. When I try to book online I can't get anything close to the time we prefer. We are in a suite, so will the butler be able to do better than I can online?

It really varies from cruise to cruise, based on advance bookings and your flexibility. Your butler can certainly handle it for you, or depending which type of suite you are in, the Micheal's Club Concierge can also do it.

We do not usually have a problem, but we do not mind eating later.

Good luck.

We had different experiences. If you walk to the restaurant and talk to the maitre'd, you have best chances.

Sometimes we have been asking e.g. for 8pm and were told "no". Been offered 6pm which we didn't like. Worked out at 7.45pm then... a little bit of a basar it seems...

The same thing happened on our last cruise on Reflection. About 2 weeks before we left, nearly all of the times we were looking at disappeared. This had not been the case on our previous cruises. However, once we got onboard, there was plenty of availability. I assume they held back certain times. We had no problem booking for our desired times ---but do so early.