Anchorage Hotel near RR

Djaye

Planning for next year. We will be in Anchorage 2 nights before taking the RR to Seward. I had planned to stay at Comfort Inn due to proximity to RR and the fact they have a shuttle for both airport and around town - and will shuttle you to the RR depot. However, recent reviews on a popular travel site are rather mixed. I am now also considering the Historic Anchorage Hotel. They assure me it is walking distance to the RR, even w/luggage. Taxi from airport $20-25.

Any advice from anyone who has stayed in Anchorage prior to taking the RR this year?

Thanks!

I'm going next month, and chose the Anchorage downtown Ramada Limited. Free shuttle from the airport to the motel, free shuttle from motel to the RR Station, free breakfast, and the room price was right. I will let you know how it goes when I get back.

I'm going next month, and chose the Anchorage downtown Ramada Limited. Free shuttle from the airport to the motel, free shuttle from motel to the RR Station, free breakfast, and the room price was right. I will let you know how it goes when I get back.

Thanks! Please do!

Several hotels offer shuttles. We like the Clarion Suites downtown. Or the Anchorage Grand. And the Hilton is just as close as the Historic Anchorage Hotel.

Thanks for the input!