New referral incentive with Princess. Anyone used it?

mik

As of Feb. 1, there is a new referral program in place. If you refer a new Princess customer and they book a cruise, both parties are entitled to some sort of discount or credit on their cruise. Has anyone done this. If so, does it only get applied to the brochure prices, or can it be applied to any booking with Princess? If it is only with brochure prices, it is not worth it. Any experiences with this? Would appreciate your help.

It comes in the form of a captains circle credit as I understand it, you can use it aboard ship like you can a cabin credit, besides you are helping a friend learn a good habit and saving* them money too.

* they still have to shop for several new outfits and new luggage and "cute" shoes etc. prior to going on the cruise.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

We are taking a family reunion cruise in November. Ten of our family have not cruised Princess before so I "referred" each of them. You have to do the referral and they submit the registration BEFORE they book a cruise. They are given a number to tell the travel agent when they do book and they are listed as "pend booking" on your circle account. When they book, they are given $25 off their cruise price at final payment. You are given a $25 cruise credit per referral that will come off final payment on your next cruise (after they sail).

I now have $250 cruise credit and each person will pay $25 less as a result of this new Princess program....we like it!

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Julie - The same thing applies to us - we are doing a family cruise in November also - either the Caribbean or Star Princess. We are the only ones who have cruised Princess in the past so we will have 12 people who will qualify for this program. Do you know if there are any restrictions on how this credit can be used?

By the way, when and where are you going in November? We appear to be following each other around this year! We are waiting to find out when my grandson will be finished with football to decide which week to book.

mek

Maybe we will end up on a cruise together one of these days - since we seem to be interested in the same places! We are looking at Rome to Venice for 2005 - probably in September...interested? The Star is doing that itinerary this year, but I think the Grand will do it next year. We'll be on her a total of 33 days this year so she'll be an old friend!

We will be on the Grand in November - the weekend after Thanksgiving. She is coming to Galveston (almost in our back yard) so we are taking advantage of no airfare.

The referral credit is a cruise credit - to be applied to the cruise price - not an onboard credit - I think.

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

Archived