Gold Member Past Guest Party

I'm reading about the liter of water and the free drink coupon . I certainly see this as a cut in amneties . People are defending the coupon for the free drink , but they used to give you a coupon for a free drink at the MDR anyhow usually during breakfast or lunch . So the free drink isnt really a replacement for the party its just giving you a free drink at a different time .

I'm reading about the liter of water and the free drink coupon . I certainly see this as a cut in amneties . People are defending the coupon for the free drink , but they used to give you a coupon for a free drink at the MDR anyhow usually during breakfast or lunch . So the free drink isnt really a replacement for the party its just giving you a free drink at a different time .

Yep and since most of us do not cruise for "freebies" I'll gladly take and appreciate the free drink over what used to be an overcrowded party.

I am sure glad I am Platinum already so I don't sound like a whiner. Are you really booking a cruise just for the few drinks you get at a 45 minute party?

The op asked a question, not whined. And you gave the typical and expected Cruise Critic snark.

To the OP, it was within the last year. Too many Golds allegedly but many times almost anyone went in unchallenged. No wonder it was nuts.

Yep and since most of us do not cruise for "freebies" I'll gladly take and appreciate the free drink over what used to be an overcrowded party.

I would be happy with the drink instead of the party too , but it is still a cut in service because they were already giving you a free drink for something else and took that away .

People don't cruise for the freebies but it certainly does add to the the trip and its value . I dont drink like crazy when I'm aboard . Depending on the ports I might just drink one or two days . However the past guest party used to be a little primer . I would drink a few drinks with my girlfriend , family members or other entertaining guests I met on the cruise and then continue drinking the rest of the evening . The drinks I tend to get with those coupons are more or less drinks that I wouldn't normally order if I was planning on drinking a lot .