GEM Balcony Room 9598

mcouture

Looks good to me, near the elevators, you have rooms below you, one deck down you have O'Sheean's for 24 hour snacks :) Should be quiet

Thanks for your input. Everything looks like it'd be what we need/want. It's our second cruise and first time with a balcony.

Thinking of this room on the Gem for October .... What does everyone think? Pros/Cons?

It's just going to be the wife and I....celebrating our 25th.....

Happy Anniversary!

A possible con is that it is a connecting cabin (denoted by the little arrow icon), which means that, like a connecting hotel room, there's a connecting door in your wall to 9600. Having never stayed in a connecting cabin on a ship (by choice), I don't know if that means you might hear more noise from your neighbors. You might research that on here. (Frankly, I personally would not book a connecting cabin because of that possiblity, assuming I had a good other option.)

And while it's nice to be near the elevators and stairs, this one is right there, just a tad too close imho. Might not be a problem at all, but if you have another option, why chance it.

This cabin might well turn out to be perfectly fine, but since you asked about it, I'm wondering whether you have another option for a balcony cabin. Physically they are all the same, the big difference is location.

Happy to toss around other options if you have them.

Enjoy the cruise!

I was told that was the last balcony unless we wanted aft. I'm not sure I want aft....

We're pretty flexible - not saying noise does not bother us but a little background 'noise' from surrounding wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker.

hmmm.....